Mr. Snuff- For Lakeland Stuff

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Spillproof, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Through a bizarre series of trades with approximately 1/3 of the PSF community, I discovered an online vendor that sells Condor, St. Bruno, Capstan, Erinmore, SG, etc... stuff.

Mr. Snuff.

They accept credit cards and ship to the US. That's hard to find for these blends - and though you pay a premium where else ya gonna go? I placed an order last week and it was delivered today. All went smoothly.

So if you crave the soapy stuff, stop PMing Old Ted and just buy the stuff already.

Spill.

Jammer, Old Ted, cobbsmoker and 2 others like this.
  2. furious

furious Junque collector

Mr. Snuff, aka. Dave, is great and he has literally the best selection of nasal snuff anywhere. Thank God he ships to the U.S. After that damn PACT act, it is very hard to get decent snuff anywhere. And in a pinch, he does carry a good amount of Samuel Gawith although you will pay for it.

Monkey and Spillproof like this.
  3. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

+1
    I'm sure OT will like this thread immensely!
    ...or at least, that entry.

Old Ted and Spillproof like this.
  4. Snake

Mr. Snuff could see some serious business
    if all of us St.B, and Condor-ites started
    shopping there.

5. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

I heard they are not a distributor for those blends but buy them locally and add a markup, their shipping is outrageous! Is it really worth the cost?

Spillproof likes this.
  6. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

You don't even smoke this stuff you grump.

Snake likes this.
  7. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

This is true, but still...

8. Snake

Yeah, you're right. Not for you.
    Nothing to see here. Move along...

HazyDat620 likes this.
  9. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

:moon:

Spillproof and Snake like this.
  10. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

St Bruno and Condor and a few others are good to get there because you genuinely can not get them in the United States easily.

These days, Samuel Gawith isn't so plentiful here that you can get anything you want any time you want, but you can usually get much of it at far lower prices domestically. Trying to find Erinmore here is about as hard as trying to find a tobacconist with more than five kinds of pipe tobacco in most cases.

For die hards, it's a great way to get what you want. For me, I'll make do with what I can get easily and cheaply here.

11. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Nesta, you can get Erimore Flake from JR Cigars $8.35 a tin, with flat rate shipping of $5.00.

Spillproof likes this.
  12. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

MrSnuff sells SG tins cheaper than my B&M...and they have better service.

Oh yeah...and they carry snuff.

Needless to say, I'm a big fan.

Jammer likes this.
  13. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Yes I know. And if you place a larger order at different sites you can get it for under eight dollars with free shipping. And if you have a decent b&m, you can get it for 12 bucks or less with no shipping :)

cobbsmoker likes this.
  14. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Thing is with snuff I'm willing to just make my own from good pipe tobacco. I'd like a can of Fribourg & Treyer Bordeaux, but I'm willing to just grind up my own, with as little snuff as I take.

15. lankfordjl

lankfordjl Member

Hi, nesta
    Can you tell me the processes of making your own from pipe tobacco? What kind of pipe tobacco makes good snuff?

16. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Any tobacco that smells good to you is good for snuff! I have some I made from a combination of Kendal Dark, Dark Flake Scented, and Ennerdale Flake. Strong, earthy, floral, and slightly (slightly) sweet.

Dry the tobacco fairly well. Crispy dry. Then just mill it in an electric coffee grinder until it's as finely ground as you prefer. You want the grinder rather full if you're starting from flake tobacco, and rubbing it out prior to drying will help. This cuts down on the few little chunks which can sometimes result.

Buy a new grinder for this. You do not want to use a grinder previously used for coffee to grind your tobacco. And you never want to grind coffee in a grinder previously used for tobacco. Keep it separate.

I've read somewhere (can't remember where) that in (I think) a particular place in Africa, snuff made from ground Erinmore is popular with some locals. It has a nice scent, so it's not hard to imagine.

If you like mentholated snuff, some menthol rolling tobacco or "pipe" tobacco would be a good bet.

For natural snuff, Prince Albert is actually pretty nice.

Spillproof likes this.
  17. Jammer

Jammer Active Member

Once ground, the flour should probably be moistened (not too much) unless you enjoy sneezing up a lung or two.

18. lankfordjl

lankfordjl Member

Thanks! That's a big help.

19. lankfordjl

lankfordjl Member

I just got my snuff in from Mr. Snuff. I've just tried Gawith Hoggarth Aniseed - I'm being cautious since this is a first time for me. It has a strong menthol, mild spice scent. I think I'm going to really like this! I watched several youtube videos to learn how to lightly sniff it. Note: I think nasal snuff will be great this winter - when I'm feeling stuffy and tired.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.