Mustache note?

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by macthenife, Nov 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macthenife

macthenife Member

OK, so we have all read about and discussed the room note but here is one to consider, how about mustache note? I've really never thought about it until my girlfriend started to comment on how different tobaccos smelled when I kissed her. So far my Lane 1Q has been her favorite. I know this may be a strange discussion but if there is another person in your life has to experience what you smoke by this means, it is something to consider. So now im on a quest to find other blends to test this on.

I smoke mostly for my enjoyment but I do like to get a nice comment from my significant other when we share a kiss. Any thoughts?

ScottN and Old Codger like this.
  2. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Never even thought of it. I'll have to ask my wife, though I doubt she notices since she is a smoker.

3. MikeInMaine

MikeInMaine Passes for human

My girlfriend has mentioned the same thing. I never pay attention to what blend it is that evokes the comment. I should start taking note.

macthenife likes this.
  4. Capt

Capt Active Member

I can't grow facial hair, so I won't know until I retire.

MakDragon, Rodfather and Monkey like this.
  5. WyoBob

WyoBob Member

My wife (of almost 44 years) would kill me if I kissed any girlfriend.:)

My wife does like the "aftertaste" of tobaccos like 1Q that contain cavendish. I enjoy cav. tobaccos on occasion. Mostly, I smoke va/vapers. She doesn't like those so much. But, she likes those way better than she liked cigars. When I smoked cigars, she never kissed me and said, "Hmm, that tastes good." That reminds me. I should smoke cavendish blend tobaccos when she's "miffed" at me (or when I want something).

Rodfather and Old Codger like this.
  6. macthenife

macthenife Member

You know you might be onto something. there. When you are in the dog house, every little bit helps.

7. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

Ummm ... y'all are only now figuring that out?
    :poke:

Artistik, Rodfather, ScottN and 7 others like this.
  8. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Interesting observation. I have lost one sweater that I wore around the house most evenings when just sitting back and smoking. She won't give it back unless I "break in" another one and trade it in for my old one.

Ozark Nick, Pappy, ScottN and 2 others like this.
  9. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

I guess I have to grow a stache now :cool:

10. phinz

phinz Active Member

My wife can tell if I have had a pipe or decided to sneak a cigarette. She's OK with the pipes. Not so much with the cigarettes. She's never really complained unless I've had a pipeful of Devil's Holiday. She hates the stuff.

11. Dave Dueck

Dave Dueck Member

I actually notice mustache and beard note throughout the day after a good smoke. Really enjoyable to get a whiff of toby now and again at work without actually having to open a jar or strike a match. Wife has noticed and commented too and had favorable things to say :)

Ozark Nick likes this.
  12. DanielMelange

DanielMelange Member

Hah! That's one of the things which I take care noticing, since it's one of the more long lasting effects of a bowl. If my moustach smells nice an hour after then I'm happy, Nightcap for instance makes it smell amazing.

13. OldSouled65

OldSouled65 Active Member

My girlfriend likes the smell of VAs, VaPers, VaBurs, and a couple random lat blends when it comes to the stache. She thinks aromatics smell like cheap candles. This is why we get along. :)

Skiballa likes this.
  14. Skiballa

Skiballa Member

My girl likes most aromatics on me, but thinks Burley blends smell like cigarettes. I'm a machinist, so when I get home smelling like cutting oil and machine shop, with a hint of pipe tobacco, she say's that's what a man should smell like.

Rodfather and WyoBob like this.
  15. aieeegrunt

aieeegrunt Member

Now that the horror of CANADIAN WINTER is upon us, instead of constructing a smoking shed I realized that I already have a sheltered outdoor enclosure with seating, a heater and even a music option. It's my car. One nice side benefit is the wondiferous pipe tobacco smells that waft though the vehicle when I drive it the next day. I had no idea that pipe tobacco smelled so delicious, and I can see why I end up surrounded by women when I smoke outside at break.

The one exception was the day after I smoked some C & D Bayou Morning. It smelled like the morning after drinking all night in the Bayou, throwing up on yourself and passing out in a swamp. Kind of weird, because it tasted really good.

16. Phatmandu

Phatmandu Member

My girlfriend like the aftertaste of pipes when I kiss yer as well....the wife; not so much.

17. cmkiefer

cmkiefer Member

+1
    During the work week I only usually get one bowl in the evening, but the 'stache note lasts all the next day

18. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

So nice to have a woman's opinion on the board :p:

19. Pappy

Pappy Member

Ok, here is the new rating and review pattern. ;)

Lane 1Q
    Strength: Mild
    Flavoring: Mild to Medium
    Taste: Mild
    Room Note: Pleasant
    Broom Note: Female Approved

templehall and Ozark Nick like this.
  20. Ozark Nick

Ozark Nick Member

Broom note!! LOL!

My wife definitely comments on the smell of the facial hair afterwards.

Like many others I also enjoy getting whiffs of it after a smoke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.