1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

my buddy's pipe purchase

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by idiotbox37, Apr 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idiotbox37

idiotbox37 Member

so, a buddy of mine purchased a pipe recently. the dealer said it was a savinelli but i was looking at it and it has no marking on the stem and the bowl just has a standard "imported briar" stamp.

i believe he paid $50 for the pipe, a pouch and some cleaning tools as some package deal. does savinelli have cheaper unmarked pipes or did he get duped?

either way, he loved the pipe and says it smokes great. it even inspired him to purchase a much nicer savinelli which is a really beautiful pipe.

2. JuJu McMojo

JuJu McMojo Member

3. ichabod

ichabod Member

I have a savinelli university pipe. Savinelli advertises them as a starter pipe, they come with a tamper and are usually priced around $40. They are a lower model and you can tell because I swear I looked at close to 20 of them to pick out the best looking one and they all had quite a bit of fills in them.The shop near me will throw in a "starter kit" with any pipe purchase over $25, it comes with a pouch, cleaners and a 3 piece tool. I see often that some pipe/tobacco shops will throw in an ounce of tobacco with a new pipe purchase.

Anyway, just really wanted to say that my pipe is away being examined by savinelli at the moment for repairs/replacement but as far as I can remember it was stamped, I don't remember if it said 'savinelli' but it did say 'university pipe', 'italy', and a little shield logo thing with an S in it.

4. rogersab1223

rogersab1223 Member

My local shop, Old Virginia Tobacco, sells "store brand" pipes that are made by Savinelli. My guess is these are factory seconds or lower grade pipes that they sell to retailers to brand as they see fit. But they all are definitely marked Savinelli on the bottom. The stem marking is usually a ship.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.