1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

My Christmas present to me.

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Cobra, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cobra

Cobra Member

Back in September, the Sas Man posted a picture of a Glin Castle pipe from the Peterson Castle Collection and I was in love with the shape immediately. Naturally, Peterson didn't make it the way I wanted it, so Todd and I began discussions as to what I wanted and was he interested. He said he could make one like that, so then I threw him a curve. I wanted it with a p-lip, to which he threw one back and said it's doable. Now we're on a roll, I wanted it black, rusticated and a more elegant banding than that gaudy thing Peterson had. I wanted the same dimensions and a p-lip. I told him to take his time, I wasn't in a rush and today it finally arrived.

[​IMG]

This is my new Bannard #1320, ain't she purty. If you compare Todd's version to the Peterson website, he nailed it perfectly. If you look closer, mine has a p-lip. Even Peterson doesn't offer that. While I'm on it, Todd's p-lip has a better draw than any of my Petes, and is more comfortable to clench than any of my Petes. It feels good in my hand, like it belongs there and this is one of those shapes that just has a balanced look to it. I'm very pleased with it and I already have two more variations of this shape in mind for later this year. Merry Christmas to me. :puffy: :kicking:

2. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Nice work! I like your design ideas. Todd is appears to be very good at meeting customer suggestions and given customers other options.

Enjoy your SAS Castle pipe!

3. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

I have been eyeing the Savenelli version of that pipe. Nice one!

4. Charring Light

Charring Light Member

5. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

an ebonite p-lip! well now... that's certainly something you don' t see every day :bing:

6. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

the "My-Christmas-Present-to-Me" routine is an excellent system and I commend it to all - you always get "Just what you have always wanted" and you can take yourself out and buy yourself a drink afterwards to say thanks, and that can't be bad!

Sas has made you a nice looking pipe and knowing his work it'll be a well engineered great smoker - enjoy in good halth for many years!

Best to all

Gerry

7. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

That's a real beauty and a testament to Sas' pipemaking skill. May you enjoy it for decades to come!

8. bandlwalmer

bandlwalmer Member

Very nice pipe....all the best with your newest addition!!

9. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Dang, that is one fine looking pipe! Are we sure Todd really carved it? :whistle:

10. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

Looks great! I purchased a Sas pipe for mayself also for Christmas.

Enjoy it!
    Z

11. Cobra

Cobra Member

Yep, and I got all his cuss words to prove it. :peep: :hahaha-024:

12. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Sweet pipe...but then they usually are. Congrats!

13. Gondar

Gondar Member

Now that guarantees a merry christmas. Enjoy it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.