1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

My collection thus far

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by rphillips, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rphillips

rphillips Member

Well I did some work on my cobs today, opened up the airways and cleaned out the wood shavings from inside the shanks (loving MM pipes but they seem to skimp on a little final clean up after drilling the shanks out) and took some pictures. I'm very proud of my little collection so far, and wanted to show it off. So here they are...

A few at the drill press.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Stanwell Hans Christen Andersen II I was puffin on. This one I think could bennefit from a widening of the airway but as it sat in my mouth is the closest I'm willing to get it to the drill bit.
    [​IMG]

My Cobs, 2 Legonds and 2 Patriots. I have one more Legend not pictured but I left it at the house Also in the photo is my Grabow Duke. It bennefitted greatly from a little drilling.

[​IMG]

2. Rockaholic555

Rockaholic555 Member

Nice group of cobs you have there. I'll agree that the finishing quality of the MM cobs is not amazing, glad to see someone improving the standard cob. But for the money cobs are great, you can really abuse them and not regret it later; really good for the workday.

3. Smoker99

Smoker99 Active Member

Very nice. I have several MM cobs, and have never found the need to open them up, as all mine were wide open to start with. I agree though, finishing leaves a bit to be desired on some of them. I guess for what they cost, you can't complain, always reliable decent smokers.

4. rphillips

rphillips Member

That they are and I do like things that need working on, gives me something to do. Only one cob I could complain about, the patriot straight was rammed all the way in there and left almost no openeing to draw air through. Some careful drilling from the chamber fixed this but it wasnt smokeable when I got it. But thats the only complait I have ever had and for about $6 I'm not going to say too much about it.

I do love my cobs, I guess you could say I have a nice little crop growing there :)

5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

The Stanwell is killer !

6. rphillips

rphillips Member

Its the real beast of my collectin so far. I love that pipe. Properly packed and cared for it can hold for a good 3 hours. I tend to get tired and want to go to bed after about 2 1/2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.