1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

My collection

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by rusty, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rusty

rusty Member

Thats a nice surprise, the mouthpiece from my Falcon fits my Alco, so no worries about that needing replacing, and with three bowls I think Im ok for a good few years yet, unless I happen across some Alco's of course. Even though I like the Falcon, its very similar to the Alco, it seems fragile in comparison,and is slightly larger. The Alco seems bomb proof, so is a good option to carry with me.

2. rusty

rusty Member

Im just trying my Big ben which has a filter in, the white tube type with little holes each end, Junior filter I think its called? and what a difference to my Alco/Falcon. This is going to be my chill time pipe, its softer or milder and cooler, but still gives the same taste. Its bowl is very large, and feels comfortable in the hand, what a lovely pipe. I bought this new a few years ago and only used it a couple of times, but with my renewed interest ill be using this regularly at home, sat outside on a lovely evening doing a bit of thinking of the day, very pleased with it.

3. rusty

rusty Member

Taking a closer look underneath my Big ben in a stamp, its an Odeon, I had no idea of the model, just bought it as I liked the look.

4. hoss

hoss Member

How's that Ropp smoke? I picked one up off ebay once but it had a funny flavor to the wood (or the bowl was badly ghosted with something that didn't agree with me). Either way, it went back up for sale and i moved on. That rustic bark finish is very interesting though. Definitely unique.

I, too, have a falcon. Only a couple bowls tho. One is rusticated and i use it for light English blends, the other is smooth, in which goes all the VA and VA/Per blends i like to smoke. Never have tried running any burley through it.

Falcon had a great idea with the interchangeable bowls and the quickly cooling, aluminum shank. They're simple, elegant, light weight and you can smoke the same stem all day long if you have a nice set of bowls. :thumb:

5. rusty

rusty Member

I havnt smoked the Ropp yet, I could but the mouth piece is shortened with being broke off , so no end to it, I suppose I could still give it a go as is?
    Iv just cleaned up my Alco and its bowls, really happy with the look, not brand new but aged if you know what i mean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.