1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

My ebay surprise

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by gentimmy, Apr 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Someone in the ebay thread brought this pipe to my attention actually

When considering ordering from "working man", I was a little hesitant...i was wary of the craftsmanship. for $40 I said what the hell and bought this poker.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I got it in the mail yesterday and immediately started to break it in with some Trout Stream because...well...it looks like the kind of pipe trout stream should be smoked out of haha so it will probably stay dedicated to that blend. But holy hell, I love this thing. It's the best smoker in my lineup and I have other customs, savinellis, cobs, etc. It looks heavier than all get out but it's easily clenched and feels great in my mouth (that's what she said)

You guys have to check this guy out, you won't be dissappointed. I believe his screen name is briarguy on ebay.

Old Codger and Spillproof like this.
  2. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Nice! He's a carver, you say?

Forum Running

3. Brian Damage

Brian Damage Member

Can't find him

Nevermind I found him.

4. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

5. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

6. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Excellent poker!

7. beans316

beans316 Member

Wow thank you so much thats me lol , im slowly getting better with each pipe i make , im trying real hard on custom acrylic stems right now

Working Man Pipes - http://myworld.ebay.com/briarguy

8. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Very nice. Let us know how it smokes!

9. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Very cool to have another pipe-maker on the forums. I'm fairly new to it myself but there are some seriously talented people here that create real art! Making pipes can be a bit of an obsession, eh? Ever get out of bed to re-do a sketch? Ever wake up to look at the grain again? What ridiculously expensive piece of equipment have you got your eye on?

10. Siv

Siv Flame+Wood=Bad Idea

Brian, you make some lovely pipes - the Poker is my favourite shape. Keep at it!

11. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Brian's piece of art is my favorite smoker so far, actually packing a bowl of trout stream in it now. Once I gather a few more bones to spend on another piece of briar (workingman and in college :() , you can be damned sure I'm headed back his way.

Spillproof likes this.
  12. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Amen! Just got into it about 7 months ago, thought this would wear off by now, but.... still get excited with a new idea! Thats a great looking Poker! and that it is an excellent smoker??? VERY WELL DONE, SIR!

Spillproof likes this.
  13. beans316

beans316 Member

THANK YOU very much , right now im looking at a metal lathe

Spillproof likes this.
  14. Spillproof

Talk to "Squatch" (Sasquatch), our local pipe-making guru about lathes, rumor has it he's got a nice one ;-)

15. beans316

beans316 Member

Thanks for all the great comments guys , im new to posting here but ive been lurking around for a long time .
    Im so strapped for free time with work and pipe making its hard to get on here , im also on utube all the time and cigar afficanado , would like to get to know you all . Im from north east wva anyone else near my area ? Also im going to read the forum rules and find out what were allowed to do and not to do . As a way to get to know everyone i would like to have a pipe giveaway soon

16. prole

prole Member

Cool find, gentimmy and welcome aboard, beans. I love the pokers you're cranking out, my favorite shape as well. I've spent too much on PAD/TAD this month but will be making a purchase in your ebay store in May or June. Would love to have another flake pipe and those pokers look perfect for the job

Edit: Northern Va here, not too far from you it sounds

17. Spillproof

There is a specific forum for trading (peer to peer trades you work out on your own) and another forum for sales. I warn you now that having even suggested that you will be giving away pipes will have you flooded with friends before you know it.... ha ha. I also warn you that the people that trade here are obscenely generous, and you will never get off trading-even with the likes of them.

Awesome work. Keep it up man.

18. prole

prole Member

I can personally vouch for that. I was maybe a three week in noob when dwaugh viciously assaulted my mailbox with little baggies.

Old Codger likes this.
  19. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

that sounds illegal:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.