1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

My first Boswell

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by D-Pap, Nov 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D-Pap

D-Pap Member

Haven't finished the first bowl yet and had to post my thoughts on this pipe. I have about 40 pipes, mostly estate Grabows, Medicos, a few Savinellis, a couple of cobs and a Parker. This pipe is the best smoking pipe I have ever smoked. First bowl, no break-in tastes, great draw, cool smoke and zero heat on the bowl. I had high expectations, and this blew them away. I highly recommend Boswell to anyone. Oh, and their blends are terrific as well. View attachment 534

Scottly, Artistik and PipeWife like this.
  2. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

I have to wait until Monday before I get my first Boswell pipe. I'm very excited about it.

Scottly and Tony Malerich like this.
  3. D-Pap

D-Pap Member

I forgot to mentioned what I christened the pipe with. Boswell's Christmas Cookie, it also exceeded my expectations. Great aro.

4. boon

boon Member

That 's a gorgeous pipe! I've been wanting to try Christmas Cookie, too. I actually tried to call the Boswell shop and order some a couple of days ago, but they were already closed. Gonna try to call again tomorrow.

5. D-Pap

D-Pap Member

I wish you could buy online. But there is something great about personal customer service. When I called to buy my pipe, the one I wanted was already sold. So they asked my preferences on the pipe I would like and said they would check and see what they had in stock that wasn't listed on the website. Later that day I got an email with several pipes that I could choose from. They went above and beyond, and I'll always be loyal customer.

Scottly and PipeWife like this.
  6. boon

boon Member

That is great customer service for sure!! I know what you mean about buying online. It's way more convenient. Especially since they are in a different time zone than me, and it makes it hard to place an order since they are closed by the time I have a chance to place a call during the week. Still, there is something irreplaceable about customer service like they have.

7. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

I recieved one in a trade and its one of my best pipes. I'd buy one in a heartbeat!

8. Riff Raff

Riff Raff Active Member

I was in the shop on Tuesday and had that very conversation with JM. He said as long as he owned the shop, he'll do business by phone or not at all.
    That is a great looking shape, enjoy it!

9. Capt

Capt Active Member

Nice!

10. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

Nice Boswell. Congrats, and enjoy it.

11. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Love my Boswell and I have had several of their blends. N'ary one was a looser. Bear Blend is top in my rotation during the cooler months. PA Dutch Treat and Pipers Pleasure are what I smoke when I want an aro. Customer service and delivery time is top notch.

12. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

I have two Boswell's love them both. I bought them both at the store in Pennsylvania. I wouldn't trade them for anything and I watch them constantly on their site and ebay.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. D-Pap

D-Pap Member

Nice pipes! I can't wait until I get another one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.