My first case of serious TAD...

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by scworrell, Nov 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scworrell

scworrell Member

Hello, everyone. My name is Rob, and I have Tobacco Acquisition Disorder.

Partly thanks to Deke's toby reviews, partly due to Boswell's mouth-watering descriptions of their toby selection, but mostly due to my curiosity and lack of self-control when it comes to all things "pipe."

To get down to the meat and potatoes, I just called up Boswell's and asked them to send me a total of 20 ounces of assorted weed. Surely I'll find something in there that I love... if not ALL of it. Here's a list of my order:

1oz each of:
    Paradise
    PA Dutch Treat
    Pom Holiday
    Sweet Tea

2oz each of:
    Boswell's Best
    Boswell's Premium Burley
    Christmas Cookie
    Berry Cobbler
    Sweet Dreams
    Rum River
    Maple Leaf
    Northwoods

I got 1oz of the ones I was a little questionable about, but still wanted to try, and 2oz of the ones I think I'm going to want 2 oz of. I'll be sure to try and post up my best attempts at reviews when I get around to smoking them, although I don't think I'll make it to Deke's level of entertainment...

2. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

You're in for some fine smokin' Scworrell! Boswells has this way with aros that's unlike any aro I've ever tried...very little detectable casing or PG and good flavor that still lets the tobacco shine through. That Rum River looks intriguing. I eagerly await seeing your take on it.

3. dfrontiera

dfrontiera Member

Thanks for the kinds words on my reviews I do try to make them interesting enough so people will want to read them. As for your order I think you did really well and I also can't wait to hear your take on them as well. I know for a fact that you won't be disappoint in Boswell's Best, it's my favorite so far. I'm about to have the Christmas Cookie blend but it looks like I'll be smoking it in the garage since it's pretty nasty outside. Review is incoming! I'm also glad they had their premium burly and northwoods for you to try, I wasn't able to get it when I ordered since they were out at the time I called. So I really can't wait to hear what you have to say about those. I've heard a lot of good things about their Northwoods blend.

Keep Smoking!!
    -Deke

4. scworrell

scworrell Member

They said the toby should be here in about 10 days. I really can't wait to try some of these. I'm going to have all 12 bags lined up on my desk like a Thanksgiving feast (which, I guess it kinda could be). I also just ordered 3 fresh MM Great Dane Eggs (bent) for separation of different types of toby. Oh, and I should be getting some McC 5100 from another member here pretty soon as well... Sweet baby Jesus. It wasn't until now that I realized exactly how much is coming my way... It's gonna be a good Thanksgiving.....

5. dfrontiera

dfrontiera Member

I second that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.