1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

My first Civic

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Old Ted, May 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

I don't often buy on Ebay, but have usually been satisfied when I do. Yesterday the postman brought a rather nice (IMO) 'Civic' shell briar, it closed at an 'unpopular' hour - and there were not many bids, so I was pleased to get it for the princely sum of UK £8-50!.....US $13 ?. It's a little larger than my regular smokers, (I think it compares to a group 7) but after a session at the buffing wheel, and a few whiskey soaked PCs it's performing brilliantly!.
    OT
    [​IMG]

2. Texhealer

Texhealer Active Member

That's a good looker Ted, and a great price as well.

Old Ted likes this.
  3. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

I thought you were talking about a Honda Civic ;)

esteban, Stonewall and Basil Meadows like this.
  4. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

My old '87 Honda Civic smoked pretty well when it got close to 200k miles!

I like that pipe, Ted - especially at that price. Nice craggy look to it, and a Group 7 is right up my alley. Nice score!

5. Moose

Moose Active Member

Nic score OT. Good looking pipe. Congrats on getting her!

Old Ted likes this.
  6. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

....do they sell those over there?....do they fit a turbo Vee 8 for you guys? :)
    OT

dwaugh, ruffinogold and Basil Meadows like this.
  7. Basil Meadows

Basil Meadows Active Member

Thought the same thing! Had a '93 civic. The best memory I have of it was when my ex-wife drove it out of the driveway for the last time. Still brings a smile after all these years. But, back to the pipe... very nice OT! She cleaned up pretty!

8. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Nice pipe, OT. Though I admit, I was hoping it was one made by you. I haven't seen any of those lately and I must say, you are depriving pipe smokers of a real treat. My OT is, while not the fanciest or prettiest of my briars, easily one of the better smokers :D

9. bosun

bosun Active Member

Nice manly looking pipe!

10. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Hopefully - I'll be hacking wood again soon, I had a break while my hand/skin issues cleared up, then my briar source in Greece 'disappeared' for a while! - he's back now......I could get blocks shipped from over there (US) but shipping for one block costs as much or slightly more than the actual chunk of wood! - so I would need to start charging a lot more!. :confused:
    OT

dwaugh likes this.
  11. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

This is what I truly love to see. You can find a real bargain there sometimes. And it's exciting when you do. This is why I love trolling for bargain estate pipes. And it's not that easy these days to get a decent deal with all the crazy bidding that takes place.

Congrats on that catch! Cheers!

esteban likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.