My first cob

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Mr Bojangles, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Bojangles

Mr Bojangles Member

Thank you for that link. I thought I'd may my away around the site, but I guess not. I've been reading and learning as much as I can from you guys.

Thuber88 likes this.
  2. Smokey Tom

Smokey Tom Active Member

Thank Woody. ;) I lurked around this site for about a month before I actually joined; I find it much better now because I can ask questions directly instead of hoping someone did before me. Don't be afraid to ask questions, even if they seem stupid to you. More than likely someone here has dealt with something similar, or can at least point you in the right direction.

Thuber88 and DGErwin11 like this.
  3. User3940

User3940 Active Member

You'll find everyone on here very open, and in fact excited, to answer any question that you may have. Great group of people here.

Just make sure you spell bowl correctly. :xd:

Thuber88 likes this.
  4. Robin

Robin Member

I am new to cobs too, and I have found this to be true. Both my cobs love either PA or CH, the CH being the milder of the two, is very good!

Thuber88 likes this.
  5. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Get down with OPP

PS LNF= Peter Stokkebye's Luxury Navy Flake

6. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake is a good Virginia blend, easy to find and inexpensive. Bob's advice is good there, since FVF is higher priced and hard to find. Carter Hall was also a good recommendation, but not all new pipe smokers love the flavor right away.

Whatever you choose for break in, try to smoke to the bottom to char that heel. When you are done smoking, don't dump the bowl right away. Letting the little bits smolder for a while will speed the charring process. Also, don't scrape or poke the ash at the bottom. Let the bottom fill in and just dump the ash with a light tap.

If you have any questions after dint hesitate to ask. Everyone hernia happy to help.

7. Mr Bojangles

Mr Bojangles Member

Well I just finished my first bowl of CH in the new cob and so far so good. I was able to find a tub of CH at a B&M nearby. Good thing you guys convinced me to save the FVF for another time, the UPS man still hasn't come by.

BradNTX and Robin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.