1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

My First Straight Pipe And It's A Kaywoodie...

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Neuromancer, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neuromancer

Neuromancer Member

All of my pipes are bents...generally I don't like straights...I was, however, perusing the ebay Kaywoodie listings and spotted this little number...octagon-shaped billiard...unsmoked too...can anyone help with dating this? The pipe is Kaywoodie shape number 44 “Octagon Apple”...it had the original $15.00 price sticker on the stem...the seller says he thinks the shape and price correspond to that of the 1968-69 Kaywoodie catalog...any help?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Marc

Marc Active Member

That's a nice old woodie! :(

3. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

:D
    Hmmm...I would be happy to help you out but it will require you to ship the pipe to me for a physical examination

4. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Judging by the stem logo I'd say the seller is pretty close. Also Kaywoodies of that era tend to be smaller than those of today. Nice burner, let us know how she smokes.

5. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Kaywoodies are excellent smokers. Good luck, Nueromancer! I hope you get it for a sweet price.

Bri2k

6. Neuromancer

Neuromancer Member

Got it already, thanks...was a steal at $30...

7. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Nice! I hope you enjoy it for years to come!

Bri2k

8. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

I looked at the pix earlier today and was seriously impressed by the grain and quality of this pipe - if it is indeed the era indicated then it wasn't a cheap pipe at $15.00 US - at the time in the Uk a Falcon cost 30/- old money or £1.50 in decimal - at the time $6.00 US. A Falcon now costs £30.00 approx - so if you work from there it wasn't a cheapo.

Many happy years with it; a pipe I actually envy you!

Gerry

9. Neuromancer

Neuromancer Member

The best part is that the only real flaws were two tiny little nicks the size of a pinhead...took a toothpick with just a dot of stain on the end...filled 'em in, and used my buffer with a little carnauba wax and it's totally restored and looks like it was made yesterday...not bad for forty years old...

10. piper965

piper965 Member

Thats a beaut. I'm currently looking to get my hands on an old woodie(no pun intended) maybe a 13b or some supergrain. I hope it smokes well for you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.