1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

My latest score

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by ruffinogold, Dec 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Bagged this on Ebay and am waiting for it to show up for it's cleaning and buffing .. Meer lined kaywoodie .. cool .... http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/...ion/BICrCBmkKGrHqZh4EzLtF2ykBM-ufItNiw0_3.jpg

2. justMike

justMike Member

some nice looking grain... but I thought you weren't into bents..??

3. Charring Light

Charring Light Member

Nice find! Years ago I owned a meer lined briar. Wish I held onto it.

Let us now how she smokes.

4. ruffinogold

LOL ... well , not as much as straights . But C'mon ... I love meer lined kaywoodie and snagged this one at a good price . Got two others as well [ straight , full bent ] and they smoke very nice . I hope it comes in the mail today

5. dfrontiera

dfrontiera Member

Nice find!! I love that style of pipe and the fact that it's meer lined as well? Bonus in my opinion. I'd really like to get myself a meer lined briar in that same shape, but it'll have to wait till I have some spending cash to do it. But in the mean time please update us on how it smokes, I'm really curious!!

-Deke

6. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

That's a fine looking pipe, Don Ruffino! Nice score!

7. ruffinogold

8. justMike

justMike Member

9. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Yup, nice grain on that one! Whatcha planning on smoking in there?

10. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Ooo....shiny! Well done, Ruff.

dp

11. kreinhard

kreinhard Member

You guys post these pics of feePay scores and it makes me want to go scour the listings for a little prize of my own. Thing is...I don't really need another one! HAHA.

Great looking pipe; love the grain on it. Reminds me very much of a certain Magritte painting. Congrats!

12. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

Oh, what a beautiful pipe! Gotta love Ebay and their pipes. I'm a big fan of 1/2 bents. I like the look but more than that is the way they hang from my mouth. I'm a clencher, so the 1/2 bent is an easier weight for me to hold in my mouth. When I settle into my couch, I can rest my pipe on my chest. Great purchase.
    Be well.
    Ol Brokedik.

13. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Nice one. Love all that birds-eye. Yep...looks like you scored!

14. ruffinogold

After the kid goes to sleep [ we're watching Dark Crystal .. lol ] ... then ... Three Nuns :yikes: Oh Yeah ..... gonna be good [ Thanks Snake ]

15. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Yes definitely a nice score and it has polished up beautifully. I'm just getting into American pipes and like others am interested to know how a meer lined one goes too - I haven't tried one in years - so please do keep us updated.

Enjoy in good health for many years to come,

Gerry

16. Wicklow

Wicklow Member

That's an excellent find there Ruffino, good going brother.

Ebay I now find to be a bit addictive. In the last couple of months I've picked up 6 pipes from there and they've all been winners for me, I was tempted to pick up a good deal more but I try to keep myself somewhat restrained. The hunt is in itself fun, I enjoy browsing the estate pipes everyday looking for something that really strikes my fancy.

Great choice in movies as well thats a perfect movie to watch with the young ones. Henson made a true classic there it brings back fond memories for me. My daughter's favorite movie when she was just a grasshopper? It was "Who's Harry Crumb?" lol, she must have watched it about hundred times it never got old for her. I didn't mind though I was always a John Candy fan so it was all good.

17. ruffinogold

Guys ............. kaywoodie Meer lined + Three Nuns ......... OMG :startle:

Three nuns is wonderfull ... ok ... it's the best there is . Maybe I'm jumping the gun . I should smoke some other blends in it but I can't . I got this pipe so my wife could wrap it up for my son Joseph to give me for ChristMass . The Napoleon Pipe will be from Anthony . So I cant be seen smoking these pipes . lol . The pipe drew like a dream and the flavor of the blend was great . A super enjoyable smoke . A very comfortable pipe

18. len smetona

len smetona Member

Congrats, nothing like making a good score, especially when a little elbow grease makes it special. I've got a few NJ pipe show pipes waiting for a clean up. I hope they smoke as well as your find.

cheers,
    Len s

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.