1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

My Name Is Brian...i Have Tad

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Bri2k, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Hello fellows. Here follows my first confession:

Well I tried to hold it back but my resistance was futile. It started innocently enough when I got some Boswells' and some Low Country Santee. The fire was now lit and next came pouches of SWR, CH and Lane BCA. Then I read about Orlick Golden Sliced and not only ended out with a 50g tin but its big brother, the 100g tin. A tin of Presbyterian and Evening Stroll soon followed to keep them company.

I was not satisfied with this haul, oh no. I had to find an accomplice. Brother Woody was kind enough to trade me some Blue Note and somehow I got Brother Oglethorpe to aid and abet my TAD by taking me on in the FNG/FOG trade.

At this point, I knew no shame and went e-begging. Lo and behold, my cyber-panhandling paid off and I was rewarded with free samples of Savannah, Sterling Bargain and Chairman of the Board. They say pride goeth before the fall, but in this case, my pride went right out the window.

Enough! Both my wallet and I were in agreement. But then it struck me since I'm smoking less than three packs of cigarettes a week, there's more room in the budget. Along came a tin of Navy Cavendish and two of Autumn Evening with a 7 oz. tin of Spillman's Mixture and a pouch of PA bringing up the rear.

Fortunately, I don't think the friendly UPS man is on to me yet, although he did say he welcomed the job security I'm providing...

So my fellow pipers, I ask you, does the TAD madness ever end?

Now humbled and chastized,
  2. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Brian the wallet only REALLY hurts when PAD kicks in [​IMG]

you summed it in your 1st sentance "resistance is futile", welcome to the "brotherhood" and I use that loosely... :P
  3. Marc

Marc Active Member

Jan 30, 2010

:P [​IMG] [​IMG]
  4. jamie7

jamie7 Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Sorry Bri, TAD just gets worse the more you feed it. You can tell yourself that 6lbs in your cellar is enough but then you'll start jonesing for another TAD. You'll put in an order with an e-tailer and while you're waiting will talk yourself into a little trip to the B&M (for being such a good boy and waiting for the mail so patiently) , what could it hurt? There is no cure - get out now. Find a TAD rehab clinic near you and go there.

But at the end of the day (or whenever) when you select a pipe and a blend that suits the mood and sit down for a long slow meditative bowl it's all worth it.

And the itch goes away for........I think I should stop by my B&M tomorrow.
  5. Gazpacho

Gazpacho New Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Hello Brian,

I recently received a tobacco order totalling 11 lbs of my favorite blends. By my calculations I am acquiring at a rate at least 50 times greater than I am currently smoking. The TAD is a beast that can never be satisfied. On the other hand, if tobacco were to be banned tomorrow, or if the zombie apocalypse finally arrived, I'd probably have enough to last me the rest of my life.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.