1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

My new addiction...PS Luxury Bullseye Flake

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Fbones24, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fbones24

Fbones24 Member

I know there are a number of threads about this blend already, but I felt compelled to start a new one. A friend on the forum gave me a sample and it is all I have been smoking since. Flavor is mild and sweet. The coins break up easily and burn quick and easy.

I will be ordering this bulk...and it won't dent the wallet. Great stuff.

2. Jay

Jay Active Member

great tobacco, I buy a pound and half at a time, along with Luxury Navy Flake at 4 noggins

Albert and jdto like this.
  3. D-Pap

D-Pap Member

It is great, I have about 2.5 pounds jarred up. Have you tried the LTF? I like that one too.

p120d16y likes this.
  4. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Great stuff at a great price.

ruffinogold likes this.
  5. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

I ordered a 1/4 pound of all three this weekend. I don't think I've seen a bad review of any of them here.

p120d16y and ruffinogold like this.
  6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Good for you , man ! It's a wonderful blend ... how someone not at least like it would be beyond me , ya know . I'm glad you found it cause it's a blend that easier to stock up on ......... Enjoy :th1:

jdto likes this.
  7. D-Pap

D-Pap Member

It's pretty tough for me to decide between LBF and Escudo for my favorite blend. They're both phenomenal.

8. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

I was in love with this when I first tried it, and then I inexplicably soured on it. I have about a quarter pound still cellared away, presumably improving with age, so I will have to revisit it soon.

Actually, I think when I soured on it was this: there was a brief period where none of the Stokkebye flakes could be found anywhere, because of an importer problem of some sort, and then when they came back, I immediately bought some and found it unpleasant. So it could be that I just got some out of an early bad batch or something along those lines. We shall see.

Glad you like it though! It's nice to find a tobacco that is enjoyable, cheap, and easy to find. If only I had such luck.

9. JRobert

JRobert Serious Cat Forum Guide

Have you tried Newminster Superior Round Slices yet? I wonder how you think the two compare. I've had SRS but not LBF.

10. Albert

Albert Active Member

I havent had the LBF yet, but Ive been loading the cellar with LNF. LOVE it. Im sure LBF is great too.

11. BriarRabbit

BriarRabbit Member

Tried it the other day; um... yeah... I need to find a 2nd job to fund the TAD ordering :csmile:

p120d16y, ruffinogold and WalkinStick like this.
  12. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

All three from Peter Stokkebye are excellent. The LBF, LNF, and LTF. I like the Luxury Twist Flake as a dessert since it's caramel flavored, but the Bullseye can certainly be great for that as well. I have about half pound of LNF. Just a few ounces of the other two. Need at least a pound more of each before I'll be content.

WalkinStick likes this.
  13. Biggles

Biggles Active Member

I recently got around to trying the Newminster for the first time and its nothing like the Bullseye. It's very good but it's all Va and DFK flavours whereas Bullseye is a solid VaPer with black cavendish "eyes". Not really at all similiar IMHO, other than the rolled&sliced presentation.

Edit: Probably similiar strengths as well, now that I think about it. Good all-day type blends IMO.

14. TheLonePipeman

TheLonePipeman Member

I had some LBF yesterday evening in a MM Diplomat. LBF has always been my least favorite of the PS flakes, but last night it was particularly good, much better than I remembered it being. It made me think that I should have it more often, though I still prefer LNF and LTF. Nothing beats any of the PS flakes in value for the $.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.