My new addiction...PS Luxury Bullseye Flake

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Fbones24, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fbones24

Fbones24 Member

I know there are a number of threads about this blend already, but I felt compelled to start a new one. A friend on the forum gave me a sample and it is all I have been smoking since. Flavor is mild and sweet. The coins break up easily and burn quick and easy.

I will be ordering this bulk...and it won't dent the wallet. Great stuff.

2. Jay

Jay Active Member

great tobacco, I buy a pound and half at a time, along with Luxury Navy Flake at 4 noggins

Albert and jdto like this.
  3. D-Pap

D-Pap Member

It is great, I have about 2.5 pounds jarred up. Have you tried the LTF? I like that one too.

p120d16y likes this.
  4. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Great stuff at a great price.

ruffinogold likes this.
  5. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

I ordered a 1/4 pound of all three this weekend. I don't think I've seen a bad review of any of them here.

p120d16y and ruffinogold like this.
  6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Good for you , man ! It's a wonderful blend ... how someone not at least like it would be beyond me , ya know . I'm glad you found it cause it's a blend that easier to stock up on ......... Enjoy :th1:

jdto likes this.
  7. D-Pap

D-Pap Member

It's pretty tough for me to decide between LBF and Escudo for my favorite blend. They're both phenomenal.

8. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

I was in love with this when I first tried it, and then I inexplicably soured on it. I have about a quarter pound still cellared away, presumably improving with age, so I will have to revisit it soon.

Actually, I think when I soured on it was this: there was a brief period where none of the Stokkebye flakes could be found anywhere, because of an importer problem of some sort, and then when they came back, I immediately bought some and found it unpleasant. So it could be that I just got some out of an early bad batch or something along those lines. We shall see.

Glad you like it though! It's nice to find a tobacco that is enjoyable, cheap, and easy to find. If only I had such luck.

9. JRobert

JRobert Serious Cat Forum Guide

Have you tried Newminster Superior Round Slices yet? I wonder how you think the two compare. I've had SRS but not LBF.

10. Albert

Albert Active Member

I havent had the LBF yet, but Ive been loading the cellar with LNF. LOVE it. Im sure LBF is great too.

11. BriarRabbit

BriarRabbit Member

Tried it the other day; um... yeah... I need to find a 2nd job to fund the TAD ordering :csmile:

p120d16y, ruffinogold and WalkinStick like this.
  12. p120d16y

p120d16y Active Member

All three from Peter Stokkebye are excellent. The LBF, LNF, and LTF. I like the Luxury Twist Flake as a dessert since it's caramel flavored, but the Bullseye can certainly be great for that as well. I have about half pound of LNF. Just a few ounces of the other two. Need at least a pound more of each before I'll be content.

WalkinStick likes this.
  13. Biggles

Biggles Active Member

I recently got around to trying the Newminster for the first time and its nothing like the Bullseye. It's very good but it's all Va and DFK flavours whereas Bullseye is a solid VaPer with black cavendish "eyes". Not really at all similiar IMHO, other than the rolled&sliced presentation.

Edit: Probably similiar strengths as well, now that I think about it. Good all-day type blends IMO.

14. TheLonePipeman

TheLonePipeman Member

I had some LBF yesterday evening in a MM Diplomat. LBF has always been my least favorite of the PS flakes, but last night it was particularly good, much better than I remembered it being. It made me think that I should have it more often, though I still prefer LNF and LTF. Nothing beats any of the PS flakes in value for the $.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.