1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

My new baby & the boys

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Mington, Nov 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

LOL
    I jut got back from my local tobacconist and picked up my first nice new pipe.
    It is a black Peterson. The box says it's a Killarney 68 Ebony Fishtail.
    I also scored one of the tobaccos on my wish list: Mac Baren's Navy Flake.
    So I will be breaking in the new pipe tonight with that. I am stoked! (No pun intended. heh)
    The other picture are my whopping total of 3 pipes:
    My first is a hand me down, brown Jobey Fawn E-55. The second is my MM Liberty corn cob (with new Forever stem), and now the black Peterson.
    I will be adding more to my pipe collection soon. Gotta break this one in first. ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Burner

Burner Member

Very nice and very posh addition to the stable. You'll have to don a dinner suit to do it justice :groucho:

3. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Agreed! That Pete has class written all over it.

4. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

2 good choices, a classic pipe and a benchmark tobacco for it. Navy Flake can be sneaky_strong so watch the woozies.

5. Mickeyfin

Mickeyfin Member

Very Nice Pete....good pick...you'll have to start practicing the name is Bond, James Bond....real sharp!...congrats

6. thatpipedude

thatpipedude Member

Love the pipe! Black is the new black!

7. jeffbee

jeffbee Member

Wow that's fancy.
    Now I won't get anything done all day because I'll be looking at pipes online.

8. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Very sharp! She should smoke
    well for you!

dp

9. Jay

Jay Active Member

Classy pipe M, real classy

J

10. Mington

Thanks guys. I thought the black was "different" and I like different.
    Going to fire it up in a few minutes. Just got home from a wonderful dinner and what a way to cap off a nice evening.
    I am definitley already saving for a next nice pipe.
    I am scoping out some Savinelli's and I will still look for more afterwords of diff brands.
    I gotta catch up to you pros! heh ;)

11. Tsurugi

Tsurugi Member

I hope you will enjoy it for many years to come, but it's just something about those black Kilarneys, and black pipes in general, I just can't stand the look of them.

12. Mington

You were right Sas. What an amazing smoke. Not sure if it was the bowl, the tobacco, or both, but very enjoyable. That Mac Baren Navy flake does have some balls. (Can I say that here?) ;) :startle:

13. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Too late...you already did! Nice pipes...too bad no straights among them... ;)

14. Mington

Straights coming soon. ;)

15. Jack Karneval

Jack Karneval Member

Well Mington, you've definitely put beautiful black pipes much like yours on my PAD radar.

Congrats on the new pipe, and glad it smokes well! :thumbsu:

16. Smoke 80

Smoke 80 Member

That. Is. Beautiful.

..and which local tobacconist? I see you're in Novi, or so at least your profile says. I had to drive to Grand Rapids to actually choose a pipe and since then, I've been ordering them on-line. There is a thread elsewhere in this forum asking about local tobacconists from the Detroit Metro area. There is a guy in Flint. A small shop in Detroit and beyond that, to my knowledge, nothing on this side of the state.

And how do you get your whites so WHITE..? The pipe is beautiful, but the towel, that's some towel.

17. Mington

Churchill's in West Bloomfield at Maple (15 Mile) and Orchard Lake Rd.
    They have a nice selection of Tobacco, plus their own blends, which I have yet to try and a large selection of Peterson pipes and a whole other section of misc. high quality pipes.
    I think they sell at or near list, but it's nice to have a local place like that.
    I have a couple other local tobacco shops on my radar that I have not ventured to and will soon/

(Whites? Borax!) ;)

18. scotthelm

scotthelm Member

Mington is right about the Navy Flake...when i first started smoking that as well as the Mac B vanilla flake, i wanted to take a nap soon after i finished the bowl...smoke her slowly though and you will be rewarded with a very clean smooth tobacco flavor, litghly sweet, smokes dry if you go slow and make sure you have a comfy sitting apparatus as you will be there for a while if you load up a full one!! then take a nap.
    Scott

19. Mington

These 3 estates came to me a couple weeks ago by a generous donor of this forum. ;0
    i keep forgetting to post the pics of them, so here they are.
    Now I have 6 pipes and have 3 more on the radar in the very near future.
    [​IMG]

20. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Congratulations - the Peterson is a class act and in black to me looks the height of sophistication...and as for the Navy Flake, you couldn't have chosen better; it's one of my treat to me tobaccos!

Very many happy years with the new pipe(s)!

Gerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.