1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

My new BC

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Archi77, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Archi77

Archi77 Member

After the Pipe Guild meeting last night, I made my first "big purchase". The store offered a discount after the meeting, so I bought a new Butz-Choquin pipe. I know nothing of the brand (newbie here!), but the salesman seemed very knowledgable and recommended it. Ultimately, I don't care - I love the way it looks! If it smokes half as well, I'll be pleased.

Almost reached for it tonight when I relaxed on the porch, but decided to smoke a cob instead - I want to do my research so I break it in properly.

[​IMG]

2. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Enjoy it. I have one BC that has served me well for over 20 years. Just put some tobacco in it and smoke. If it gets a little too hot, let it cool down and then start it up again.

PipeSimmo, dBear and Archi77 like this.
  3. Terry292

Terry292 Member

I think French made pipes are underrated. After all, the briar pipe was born in Saint Claude, France, where this pipe was made. And, the Butz-Choquin company has been making pipes for over a century and a half. They must be doing something right. To top it all off, the Rhodesian shape is one of my favored shapes. They're so elegant and comfortable in the hand. Enjoy, my friend.

4. KingsTarantula

KingsTarantula All about having fun!

That's a nice one!

Archi77 likes this.
  5. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

I love bull dogs and that is one nice puppy!!!

KingsTarantula and Archi77 like this.
  6. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

Love a classic Rhodesian! BC is a fine brand, and that finish looks great. One of my first new purchases years ago was a BC. Now a friend is giving it a new life. Enjoy yours!

Archi77 and dBear like this.
  7. dBear

dBear Active Member

Nice pipe! I love the way Butz Choquin styles their pipes - kind of modern and arty, but still classic. I own one BC and it smokes great.

KingsTarantula, Archi77 and PipeSimmo like this.
  8. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

I think it was a fine choice! I've never owned a BC but find some if their designs to be incredible. I have to agree with Terry292 on the French manufactured pipes. I have a few myself and they are excellent pipes. Two are French made Sasieni's.

Anyway, enjoy and congratulations!

ruralhipster, Archi77 and dBear like this.
  9. Pipe Matt

Pipe Matt Member

Very nice pipe. Love the shape and some nice grain on it too. :)

10. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

Good brand, awesome shape, freakin' stem. You did everything right. Enjoy! :bing:

KingsTarantula, Archi77 and dBear like this.
  11. Moose

Moose Active Member

Very nice pipe, great score on the discount as well. I have a BC and it appears very well made. I will add another to the collection at some point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.