1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

My new Ebay find

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Mike Sheeran, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

Fine looking great with a great contrast stain there -- I hope it treats you well once you get it good and clean!

2. DogTalker

DogTalker Member

Today I ended up winning a Pre-Republic Shamrock X105 and tomorrow I'm going for a Pre-Republic bulldog. I'll have some more restoration fun.[/quote]
    Was that one of the Pipes from Mike Leverette collection? I can't bid that high right now, need to replace the house a/c. I won a Shamrock pre- rep. 106 from the so. Cal. Collection.Now those will need some intense resto! Cake buildup and heavy oxidation!

3. Mike Sheeran

Mike Sheeran Member

You are correct. I got that one for a steal. I only paid $20 for it. Today I'm trying for a couple more of them. I'm crossing my fingers on getting a bulldog.

Sorry to hear about your a/c man. That is never a fun thing to spend money on.

4. DogTalker

DogTalker Member

You are lucky I forgot to watch these items! I woulda gone more like $40 for the x105. I saw last weeks pipes going for $40 and up, so I never would have dreamed one would go so low. I was drooling over that Patent! A beauty went for just over $100!!
    Here is the pre- rep. I paid $45 for!
    [​IMG]

5. Mike Sheeran

Mike Sheeran Member

Wow. You have your work cut out for you. Nice looking pipe though. Well I lost out on the bulldog and an Irish Free State but I ended up being able to get another Irish Free State.

Here's the haul:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/111098027854?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/111098952630?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

6. DogTalker

DogTalker Member

Excellent haul! 2 pre-rep Petes for$60! Are you an eBay newbie? Fantastic job!!!!

7. Mike Sheeran

Mike Sheeran Member

The ones I really wanted I got out sniped. I really went more than I wanted to on the Free State but I do really like it. I can't believe I'm going to have a pipe that was used during so much history. I really like the wood color on it too. Now I'm trying to find any information I can on care for a pipe that old.

8. DogTalker

DogTalker Member

9. Mike Sheeran

Mike Sheeran Member

Thanks for the link. I hit him up on Twitter to see if had any suggestions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.