1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

my new found love

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by avmech20, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

Dec 21, 2011
    The only Lat blend I've spent time smoking is C&D's Deacons Downfall. All I remember is opening up the can/tin and thinking; what the heck is this nasty stuff! Smells terrible, smoked it anyway, LOVED it! Great smoking bacca, the way it tastes, burns, smells, just great. I'll definately be trying more lat blends! :puffy:
  2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Jul 15, 2009
    They probably did, JP. I trade 'em at 1/2 value for food stamps with an old lady I know.

It's funny how Latakia creeps into the diet, and then one day... Bam - you just think "Wow, how could I not like this stuff??"
    snowman and Preacher1611 like this.
  3. jgstudios

jgstudios Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Yeah man. It's such a cool thing to discover Lat blends after spending so much time with aros, and having a long time prejudice against the smelly stuff. It was fear really that kept me away so long. I swear I thought it smelled like burning car brakes in the tin. But that first taste of Frog Morton On The Town was a revelation and was exactly what I was looking for. Real flavor at last! Anyone with that hesitation should just throw off all judgment and get some. I recommend starting with any of the Frog Mortons.
    Preacher1611 likes this.
  4. shadow

shadow Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Yes, Latakia has an acquired taste. Not many people dig it first time round, myself included.
    It took me a while to like it. Now I wouldn't wanna live without it!:byg:
    Capt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.