My New Guilty Pleasure

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by buistd, May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buistd

buistd Sales Account

Since the sun came out over here I started to get a hankering for some really light-bodied aromatic tobacco that I could enjoy. Most of my past attempts with aromatics have ended in disappointment. A couple of weeks ago I cracked a tin of Erinmore Flake and found that I enjoyed it far more than any other aromatic I had tried before. I also greatly enjoyed a sample of Lane 1Q I was sent by Pipematt a while ago. Being a cheapskate, I thought I needed to go down the bulk line rather than getting tins of EF, so I placed an order for a load of Lane 1Q, RLP-6 and BCA.

Said order arrived this morning, so I reached for my MM MacArthur that had been lying around unsmoked since I bought it over a year ago and filled it up with 1Q. Great stuff. I've now moved on to RLP-6 in a Parker billiard. Also great.

I know that these blends may not use the best quality leaf, and it may be more accurate to label them as dessert than tobacco, but I can see why these blends sell so well in the US. Certainly not blends for sitting and analyzing, but for puffing away on absent-mindedly, I like them. Hopefully I have also found a few blends I can smoke indoors which are appreciated rather than tolerated by the good lady wife.

Thuber88, Coastal Bend, Robin and 2 others like this.
  2. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

I enjoy RLP-6 and 1Q. Easy smoking and non-thought provoking.

3. Pipe Matt

Pipe Matt Member

I think you might also like Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic. I'll be starting a thread soon as I have some tobacco to trade, including some SWRA. I'll also be offering some 1Q but it sounds like you've got plenty of that now. :)

Edit: Just noticed from my Inbox that I sent you a sample of SWRA before.

Robin and Thuber88 like this.
  4. buistd

buistd Sales Account

I'm now trying the BCA. I never thought I'd say it, but I think I may be an aromatic convert, at least until the weather gets gloomy again. This stuff is brilliant.

Robin and Thuber88 like this.
  5. buistd

buistd Sales Account

Yes you did. Funnily enough it didn't really float my boat in the same way that these Lane blends are.

Robin and Pipe Matt like this.
  6. Coastal Bend

Coastal Bend Get off my lawn...

Mostly I smoke VaPer or blends with a fair dose of latakia in them at home. In public I've taken to smoking Lane 1Q or RLP-6 and I've collected a lot of compliments over the last few months, especially at the outdoor seating of a local coffee shop.

Thuber88 and Robin like this.
  7. Yankee Bill

Yankee Bill Member

If you haven't yet, try GH&C American Delight and Cherry Vanilla, two blends that you'd be able to get in the UK. MacBaren 7Seas line are excellent also.

Morse and Thuber88 like this.
  8. bluepipe

bluepipe Member

You used to smoke med/strong virginia based blends in large bowls. What happened to you man? I think it's that tongue bite week...

Also, what do you mean "until the weather gets gloomy again" - as if the sun is shinning now...

If you want to give "Double fantasy" another go, let me know. I have some "Imagine" on the way as well, you might enjoy that. Also, this might be a good time to try Wicker Man's tonka bean and/or vanilla pod tobacco infusing.

Thuber88 likes this.
  9. buistd

buistd Sales Account

The sun doesn't stop shining in Eastbourne between March and September. If you ever make it here you will see for yourself

What happened to me? I don't know, but I don't mind it. It means I now have the full range in my cellar. At a rough guess I would say I'm up around 5 kg now. Should last me for a while. I may pinch a bit of Double Fantasy from you when I'm next there, although I fear that it may be too high quality for me now. I only like the cheap stuff. Now, where's that Clan?

Morse, bluepipe and Pipe Matt like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.