1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

My new Karl Erik

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by voodoo101, Mar 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

The Danes are extremely good at making pipes that are, for all intents and purposes, very high end pipes, but at low end prices. There are a bunch of reasons for that, but they are great at it, and it's possible that, at this price point, you will get the very nicest looking and smoking pipe if you buy a Danish one. Also, if you look at their high ends pipes, such as the expensive ones on this page (which are Erik Nording), you will see that often they make other high end pipe makers look bad, especially with their carving and grain. I was nuts on Danish pipes when I first started getting into nice briars (and I still absolutely LOVE the ones I have), but lately I've tended more towards English pipes, but certainly not because the Danish ones are not totally amazing. Just a change in taste, that's all. The Danes do amazing work, that much is indisputable, and their prices are great, especially compared to those damned Italians! :D

Gorgeous pipe, and I'm sure you'll be very happy with it!

voodoo101 and Jeebs like this.
  2. Beale

Beale Active Member

Awesome looking pipe!!! Beale

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.