1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

My new Peterson

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Whalehead King, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Balaenius Rex!!

I've tried and failed again at posting pictures at PSF so I have to give you a link to where I posted the pictures.

My new Peterson isn't the Pete I've had my eye on. I decided to spend half the money but I've got no regrets. It was about $110. My other briars are basket pipes and, though they serve their purpose, this one is a world apart. I think Sasquatch made a Green Goblin for Oglethorpe last year and the color stuck in my imagination. I'm not a big fan of brown. When I saw this one, I liked the color and I liked the pipe and I liked the price. No regrets.

I'm breaking it in with CH and it's building up some cake. Not sure what to do with it exactly since I've tortured my basket briars and mostly smoke cobs now. So far so good though and I can't think of a bad word to say about it. I guess it pays to spend some money once in awhile.

Cheers.
    WK

2. jmiket91

jmiket91 Member

I like it a lot! Great choice.

3. raisingale

raisingale Member

She's a beauty! I now have green pipe envy!

4. noflex

noflex Member

Hi WK. Congratz on the new pipe, may it smoke cool and dry for many year's. :goodjob:

It's nice to get the first "real" pipe, what to do with it? is something I hope you keep us posted about, how she smoke and build up cake :thumbsu:

I remember my first pipe a Stanwell bulldog, for the first 12-14 month, I smoked the a$$ out of that pipe, 8-10 bowls of OGS everyday, only rest that pipe got, was when i was a sleep :cigar: :cigar: And now almost 25 years later, that pipe still smoke OGS very cool and dry, but it get a lot of rest this days. I only smoke it 1-2 times a month, it has a lot of signs of the 25 years I had been hard on it :eek:hyeah:
    This info is just to let you know, that it can be ok to smoke a pipe more then one time a day.

5. Tas Gunsmith

Tas Gunsmith Member

Nice pipe. I had never thought of colored pipes before but now I will.

6. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

beautiful pipe, hope you get many many years of enjoyment out of her!!!!!!!

7. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

WK,

Nice looking Pete! Very classy, my friend.

dp

8. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Nice score King! Now you've got mo-money for 2 Virgins and that Frenchman! Something about deep green pipes. They definitely do "plant in the mind" and create desire whether you're conscious of it or not. You pick up your Pete at your local B&M?

Congratz!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

9. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I like the shape and the color. :thumbsu:

10. Jay

Jay Active Member

WK,

Great shape and a unique color. Hard to go wrong with a PEte. The CH should build a cake nicely. Now you need to invest in a pipe reamer, or something to clean out the carbon, now that you have a nice briar. If the only cost of piping was a few bucks in baccy we would all be grateful!

I think the green is growing on me...

Jason

11. ChrisD

ChrisD Member

That Irish Sea looks great !

12. Johnny

Johnny Member

Very cool! I'm a huge fan of Peterson pipes and have eight of them so far. I bought three of their system pipes recently and became an even bigger fan, if that's even possible.... Congrats on the new pipe! May it serve you well, enjoy in good health!

13. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

That's one Sweet Pete! :cheers:

14. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

[sup]Love that color! Congrats on the great find :bing:[/sup]
    [sup]
    [/sup]
    [sup]The shape number should be stamped on the right side of the bowl near the shank... did you find it? Is it a 69?[/sup]

15. Dukeofbluz

Dukeofbluz Member

Very nice, enjoy!

Duke

16. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi,

Congratulations! I've never been keen on coloured pipes until recently when guys started to post pictures of green pipes on the Forum and I have to say I could easily become a big fan of them.

That's a lovely looking pipe and all that remains is to wish you very many happy years with it.

Thanks for posting and sharing

Gerry

17. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Balaenius Rex!!

It's a 68. Good thing you made me look, Dondi: I also found a tiny of spot of fill in the briar right next to the stamp.

I've always liked color. I think I saw some vintage Grabows in blue and orange at one time and I really like that instead of the standard brown and black. Nothing wrong with pure wood with fine grain showing but something about the non-standard colors of those Grabows said "Jet Age" to me. The Irish Sea green isn't jet age by any means, but it it's easy on the eyes. When I think Peterson, I think of the Edwardian Era.

Thanks all. It's a pleasure to smoke.
    WK

18. rusty

rusty Member

Lovely looking pipes, love the shape too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.