1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

My new (well to me at least) PAD fix

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Njemt527, Aug 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Njemt527

Njemt527 Member

Jul 8, 2010
    On my way to work (running behind actually) I stopped to check my mail. Hoping one of my estate ebay pipes came in. I was in luck. I threw the box on the passenger seat and headed to work. Once settled in,I tore through the box and packaging like a kid on Christmas. In the mix of shredded cardboard and crumbled news paper lay an object wrapped in bubble wrap and a good quarter mile of packing tape around that. After some cursing and almost amputating several fingers with my multi tool knife (SOG makes some damn good blades!) I finally got to the prize in the cereal box. A shiny Briarmeer De Lux pipe. It looked great, a small knick here and there, but oh so shiny to my suprise. Then I looked in the bowl. The shipper had sent along an bonus gift. Partially smoked tobaccy. I guess cleaned meant wiped the outside down with pledge or something. So, out went the tobacco and the 20 years of cake (who lets cake build up on a meer lined bowl?!?!?!?). 35 spit mositen pipe cleaners later (didn't have a shank brush on me) and a little scraping of the draft hole she was ready for her recommissioned maiden voyage.

And to my surprise, she saile... er smoked quite smoothly. Actually just as good if not better than my BC meer lined. This beaut was .99 cents plus shipping. I'm planning on restoring it fully, but I think I'm going to keep the original color. IT might actually be my first pipe dedicated to english blends. The bowl is small so I wont overpower myself and others in the room when I get the gumption to try it. Check her out.

2. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Hi All,

A very classic British looking pipe, and none the worse for that. At the price you really scored, and I'm sure with a bit of stem restoration she'll come up beautifully,

3. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Mar 12, 2010
    99 cents plus shipping? Yowsa you found an excellent bargain and it sure looks like a great pipe for english blends!
  4. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Nice Prince and unbelievable price! Wow! $0.99! I'd say

Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

P.S. Way cool she smokes nice too!
  5. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    Any 99 cent pipe that smokes good AND looks good is a real steal....you must have been wearing a cape and mask, carrying a big sword when you stole that one! very nice Prince, my friend, smoke it in good health.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.