1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

My Old Gowrie - My Old Dog - & My Old Lady

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Rewster66, May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

I love Rattray's Old Gowrie but my old dog and my old lady do not. Everytime I light it up they both seem to find somewhere else they would rather be. (Not so bad the lady but I sure like my dog -- LOL).
    There a lot of the VaPer's and English blends my wife never says anything about but she always makes a comment when I light the Old Gowrie up; THAT'S THAT STUFF HATE - I DON'T SEE HOW YOU CAN SMOKE THAT STUFF! My old dog however has never said a word, I guess that is why he is my best friend.

Any of you guys run your company away while smoking? If so what blend?

God Bless!!! Ray

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

My wife dosent care for the aroma of Latakia and Oriental leaf though she didnt mind the old Dunhill Std. Mix. Med [ go figure ]. She says I can smoke SG Firedance anywhere in the house ... the problem is finding the stuff . My dogs just lay there . I'll have to keep an eye on them to see if they notice

3. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

The war department hates all my pipe tobacco. Some more than others. Although she doesn't nag, I wait till she has gone to bed or go outside to smoke.

4. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

My wife actually likes most of the aromatics I smoke and hardly ever says anything about the other VaPer's and English blends. I even smoke Tambolaka and although I know she does not like it she never complains. But she can tell the Old Gowrie from everything else when she smells it. I have even jokingly tried to convince her it was some other blend but she knows because she says it burns her nose and eyes. Go figure.

God Bless!!! Ray

5. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

The only one my wife really absolutely hates is Club Blend, and it's my favorite. Go figger. She doesn't complain much, but if I have Club hanging in my beard, I might as well sleep in the garage. I offered to sleep at her sister's place but that didn't go over too well either. No pleasing some people.

Kiowapipe likes this.
  6. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

That's funny Sasquatch! By the way, most of my buddies call me Red Sasquatch due to me being 6'4'' - 296 lbs. and having red hair, (But I got rid of the beard though).
    God Bless!!! Ray

7. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

I usually smoke in my office, but occasionally will smoke around my wife in the evening after the kiddo is in bed. She usually doesn't mind whatever I'm smoking. A couple of nights ago, though, I came to bed after smoking a bowl of Escudo, and she greeted me with a simple "You smell like $&!#." I requested clarification and discovered she was primarily referring to the Escudo smell.
    I'm a little surprised that Old Gowrie is the one she hates, Rewster. I love OG and I've always rather liked the room note compared to most blends.

8. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Though I generally smoke in the garage, mine did complain about the smell of my Hermit Antique Pressed Cigar Leaf even though she was in the house. I still love it, but I only smoke it outside now.

The dog doesn't care, but keep in mind that she'll eat the cat's poop if she gets a chance.

9. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

I with you Kiowapipe! How can someone tolerate Tambolaka and absolutely hate OG?

10. Marc

Marc Active Member

As I live alone, no complaints on the home front and most of my friends don't mind the sweet aroma of McClelland Virginia's, so I'm good!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.