1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

My Peterson 302 came today

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by davidmackv, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Nice pipe. I have a few Petes...no 302 though. My System 305 and 312 both smoke great. Enjoy your new friend!

Degenetron likes this.
  2. JuJu McMojo

JuJu McMojo Member

I've always admired the 302...been on the prowl for a nice XL302S myself. I own a 303 Sys Std, which is a brother to the 302. It's by far my favorite pipe, even over my more expensive Pete's and Larsens. In short, if I had to go to war, this is the only briar I'd take with me. I store the vulcanite stem out of light, and clean w a briar/stem polish after each smoke--2+ years of daily use and nary a sign of wear.

Love 'er right n she'll treat you right. Enjoy!

3. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Yeah,

He don't have much right now.

4. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

I love my 302. Smokes like a dream.

5. Puffer Pete

Puffer Pete Member

I have to admit that nice as the XL305 Calabash (my first Pete) is, I definitely prefer the 302 for smoking. It just seems to smoke more evenly to me. However, the 312 rustic is a killer pipe too. Mine was a really grotty (rough) looking one in the photo, but actually turned out to be rather a nice pipe after a little TLC. Definitely worth the £15 ($20) I paid for it. It took a little work, but I enjoy the fiddling side of things.
    The point raised about care is vital IMO, otherwise they can soon become clogged with sludge that takes an age to get out. Enjoying to fiddle helps here, I clean them thoroughly after each smoke and it's paying off.
    I hope you enjoy your 302 as much as I like mine.

Pete

6. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

I hear ya Pete. After I smoked it and it cooled off I got out the Q tip and cleaned out the reservoir.

7. Mike Berger

Mike Berger Member

Noticed on the ebay ad that the seller is here in Lakeland...no WONDER I can't find any pipes at the antique shops!! HA!

Beautiful piece of briar BTW!

8. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Thanks. Yeah he sells a lot on eBay. I would say you would have a hard time finding any used ones down there.

9. Puffer Pete

Puffer Pete Member

So, how's it going with the 302? Is it proving all you'd hoped for?

Pete

10. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

It is awesome. I can't stop smoking it, my other pipes are feeling neglected. I have smoked a little bit of everything in it and no problems what so ever with taste mixture, sourness or any short comings. I just keep the little resevoir swabbed out with a q-tip.

11. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Nice Pete! Congratz! I've bought several from him and he does a good job cleaning imo. Of course I always run a pipe cleaner with grain alcohol soaked in through the stem letting it set for a few seconds and then doubled over to see what comes from the shankster. He does a real good job. Stand-up guy too!

Ed
    Puff

Smoked a 304 today and looking downward into the bowl, that cherry was huge ("bowl-size") and looked as if I'd better stop sippin this muthuh or I'll be sorry, well, I kept feeling for a warm spot and the danged pipe was cool.... all over! Amazing! Pete does get/use some darn good briar! Just wished they stop dip-staining everything. bet they play gags on each other and dip someone's shoes, coffee cup, something or other once in a while.....

12. Degenetron

Degenetron Member

Congratulations on your new 302 system! Don't have one myself, but i have a 312 that i am almost abusing due to it smoking so well :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.