1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

My pipe collection

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by fruktflugan, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fruktflugan

fruktflugan Member

Here is a portion of my pipe collection... Spent a little time last night making them a pipe rack or as I called it "the pipe bed", so I thought I'd post them here in their bed. :D

From left to right:
    1) Weird pipe in some sort of plastic/resin with a metal insert bowl. Bought it from an auction site (not ebay) in the thought that it would be wood at least, but no such luck! At least it doesn't burn out when it's windy, but it's far from my favourite.

2) My new Falcon... I love my Falcon!

3) Mr Brog "london" pipe in pear tree root.

4) Peterson barrel... I really like it and I've even grown fond of the peterson lip mouthpiece.

5) Block meerschaum rusticated pipe from Turkey. Haven't smoked this one much yet, but it's nice.

6) Small wood (supposedly briar, but I doubt it) pipe marked "Sansen". Guessing that it's a mass produced chinese thingamajig and I haven't grown to like it even though it's been in my possession for years... Too small!

7) Tobacco store find. They sold out unmarked briars and I got it for cheap. Mouthpiece tasted like elephant's arse though, but after a couple of cleanings it's fine.

8) Small "coloured" meerschaum. Possibly meerschaum shards pressed with filler, but smokes nice. Too fast for my taste though!

9) Peterson standard system 304. I like peterson lip, but this pipe rests more than the peterson barrel for some reason...

Not shown is my carry pipe(s) found in jacket pockets all around. One arabic bent rosewood pipe that's with me all the time that was in a sad state when I bought it. Had to re-drill the air channels and do some major work, but now I like it and it's my "I wouldn't be too sorry if I sat on it and it broke"-pipe! :D

[attachment=989:jscollectionsml.jpg]

Oh, and I think you can see one of my clays at the very bottom of the pic... Just the stem part.
    ...Saving the opium pipes for another picture and another day!

/Jimmy

2. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Nice collection, J! Got me thinking of
    Petersons. No, no. I must resist....

dp

3. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Me too. Been looking at a tankard for three days now! Haha.

4. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi,

Thanks for sharing and I love the "Pipe Bed!"

Best as ever

Gerry

5. rusty

rusty Member

Nice collection, great idea the bed too.

6. fruktflugan

fruktflugan Member

The pipe bed is hard foam based, somewhere between hard foam and rubbery foam (kind of like one of those sleeping mats from when you're camping out)... Then I did the mouthpiece rest from the same material, covered it with a fake leather that I had around.
    Then covered the "bed" itself with an actual furniture fabric. Furniture dealers often throw away their old sample material sheets with different colours and everything and I managed to get my hands of some of that a couple of years back.

Everything is just mashed together with the hot-glue gun, but it looks cute! :D

7. fruktflugan

fruktflugan Member

Oh yes, I realise now that I have a couple of pipes missing... They must be in old winter jackets around the house and in the basement.
    I really need to search for them one day, but now I'm having coffee!

Thanks for all kind words... I hope to have induced shopaholism into some of you poor readers!

8. Jonny

Jonny Member

Nice collection you got going there. Looks like your gonna have to invest in a rack pretty soon (or a larger towel to rest them all on) ! :thumbsu:

9. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Nice stash! But if you buy a bigger pipe rack it'll give you a good reason to add more. :whistle:

10. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Good looking collection, that clay at the bottom of the pic is that the churchwarden clay pipe? I have been thinking of buying the clay churchwarden pipe i mean a 16" pipe for only 33$ bucks not to bad at all.

11. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Jimmy, nice collection/group shot! The only thing I see that's "missing" is a COB!

You no like cobz?

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

12. fruktflugan

fruktflugan Member

The clay pipe is a churchwarden and as a matter of fact I've got two of them (nudge nudge, could let one go in trade for some nice tobacco)... :D

Don't know where you get yours from, but mine is hand made in ireland and I got it straight from the maker. These are not your ordinary run of the mill historical replica pipes, they are from a guy who makes them good in order to smoke perfectly.
    So a good smoke goes before historical accuracy here!

I've never owned a cob myself... I have nothing against them though, just never bought one...
    One day I'm going to the pet store to get thoroughly dried cobs (squirrel feed) to make something out of for myself... ...that'd make some people here shut their big... ehhh... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.