1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

My pipes photographed.

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Smoker49, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Wow !!! Those are great pictures . You and a couple other guys here should have a reality show . I'll judge , so long as I can smoke each pipe :rolleyes:

AussieTX likes this.
  2. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Swee-eet collection.

3. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

Just to play devil's advocate here, that 'bash is a transient object like everything else in the world, it will exist for a finite amount of time. You can appreciate its beauty, you can preserve it as we'll as possible, or smoke it every day, but at some point it will cease to exist. Understanding that something will not last forever makes each moment you have with it all the more precious. I could see retiring it if smoking it would damage it, but if it would just add to the patina, I'd use it occasionally, at home, when I wasn't drinking or tired. Otherwise some lucky joker is likely to pick it up at your estate sale and fire it up on the way home!

In all seriousness it's your pipe and your decision is to be respected. I have a couple of pipes that I don't smoke, but that's usually because they are waiting for the right collector that will love them (and hopefully smoke them!). I have run a bowl or two through them though... You know just to see what the fuss was about!

Raffxr7 and Polymoog like this.
  4. Polymoog

Polymoog Member

I agree and i did'nt mean to be hard on you smoker 49, but pipes are meant to be smoked otherwise its just an ornament for decoration or locked away in a vault because its too valuable to use.
    Don't smoke her to death but treat her to a little of your finest baccy on high days and holidays, otherwise as Jussto says someone else sooner or later will end up smoking it.
    Cheers P

5. Smoker49

Smoker49 Member

Oh, I don't feel as if anyone is being hard on me. I enjoy the conversation.

I guess my perspective may be skewed by prior experience. I used to work for a history museum. I don't wear gloves when handling my pipes, but part of me is conditioned to want to. Ha ha.

Preacher1611, Jussto, WyoBob and 2 others like this.
  6. UberHuberMan

UberHuberMan Member

Those are some beautiful pics of some lovely pipes. Well done!

7. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

That explains why you jumped on the Calabash so fast and without any equivocation. Whether you decide to smoke it or not, I have faith you will give it proper love and care ... and display spot.

8. Smoker49

Smoker49 Member

No denying it. I am an absolute sucker for anything with a long, dark past. That's why I married my wife. :)

PipeWife likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.