My smokes Christmas Eve/Christmas Day.

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by Ol Brokedik, Dec 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

Smoked Krumble Kake Christmas Eve in a Oom Paul and P&W 400 in a 1/2 bent Ben Wade. Made possible by fellow PSF member, jpberg!

Smoked Petersons Old Dublin Christmas Day in a rusticated 1/2 bent Lykars.

The Christmas Day smokes were good. However,Christmas Eve smokes were way better. A month or so ago, jpberg and I had a small tobacco exchange. I sent him some good stuff and he sent me some Krumble Kake, Germains SLF and P&W 400. I couldn't wait for Christmas so I started in on my newly acquired rarities. They're all good smokes.

I had an additional, heightened level of satisfaction smoking Christmas Eve. Thanks to the generousity of fellow member, Jon. It feels good to belong.

Q. What did you guys smoke for Christmas ?

Be well. Merry Christmas.
    Ol Brokedik.

2. kreinhard

kreinhard Member

Penzance on Christmas Eve--also courtesy of jpberg--and Merde de Cheval today. I'd like to go out and have another bowl of one of the many delicious samples Jon graced me with, but I'm plum worn out from the day's activities...bed is calling. Tomorrow, though...

Jon is a class act and a good guy. I was paired up with him for FNG/FOG Trade and consider myself incredibly lucky. The only down side is that the tobacco he sent me was of such high quality that I'm pretty much ruined for anything else. :)

Merry Christmas to you, too!

3. caleb442

caleb442 Member

I'm not much of an aromatic guy, but I just finished a bowl of altadis 1m with my brother in law, who has recently picked up the pipe. It was our dessert. Call me crazy but we both thought it tasted like yellow cake.

4. pottsy

pottsy Member

Smoked some McClelland Christmas Cheer 2008, pretty good stuff.

5. raistlinsk

raistlinsk Member

MacB Vanilla Cream. My wife and kids love it! My kids keep running in the room periodically and ask if we're baking cookies or cake.

6. powell0892

powell0892 Member

Took my pipe over to the family's house with all intents and purpose on smoking, but it is pretty hard when you dont have any baccy with you, left my viginia no. 1 at the house....I was looking forward to trying some out, I just got it in yesterday.

7. Icepick

Icepick Member

I've smoked some Carter Hall and Early Darkness so far today, but I've got a few more hours to smoke yet another flavor.

8. telltime

telltime Active Member

Just had to go and move the snowblower from the shed to the garage... smoked a bowl of (blended) Tinderbox's Wilshire, Aalborg, and North Sea in a Peterson Zulu (fishtail stem) while doing it.

Wife leaves Monday (if snow lets up towards New England), and I plan on doing some serious smoking of my tins I got from my Secret Santa! In my new Sas!

9. jmiket91

jmiket91 Member

Gave my dad the Sas pipe that I had made for him, and we smoked some Squadron Leader, Lane 1-Q, and SG's Chocolate Flake.

10. pottsy

pottsy Member

Doh! Sounds like your next purchase should be a pipe/tobacco pouch.

11. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

+ 1 .... :nosympathy:

12. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

Smoked Penzance Christmas Eve and StoneHaven Christmas Day. I enjoyed both fully. I don't pull those out unless it is a special occasion.
    Z

13. powell0892

powell0892 Member

Haha you bet! I came home and looked for some that night

14. tsgourley

tsgourley Member

Didn't get a chance yesterday. In all the hustle and bustle I forgot my pipe going over to my mom's house. I was kind of looking forward to sitting on her enclosed porch and smoking with her. But today by gosh I WILL make time for some Peterson Holiday 2010.

15. Ol Brokedik

You're a good boy!

16. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Just getting over a cold, so haven't been able to smoke since last Wednesday. I did however get surprised by my 9 year old son. He told his mother he wanted to get me a pipe and asked what he could get for $20 or less. She researched & found the MM website on her own. She showed him and he picked out a MM Country Gentleman. My wife ordered a Walker Briarworks "green smoke" bent stem to go with it. She pulled the receipt from my last one to find where I got it.

They also got me a couple of tins of McClelland Legends and the coolest hand cast pewter tamper, sculpted to look like Bonnie Prince Charlie w/walking stick & broadsword. It is a replica of a tamper first made in 1845 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of The Battle of Culloden (at least the paper that came with it said so).

I was so surprised they came up with everything on their own! :D

17. Ol Brokedik

What thoughtful people! No doubt, a lot of planning and dedication went into doing this the right way. You are loved and respected by your family. If that didn't put a lump in your throat you're not breathing.

Be well.
    Ol Brokedik.

p.s. Thank you so much for sharing your story. How proud you must be. I hope you kissed your wife and hugged your son.

18. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Sounds like many of you had and excellent holiday. Mine was too! I took three Grabows and a few different blends, but by far my kitchen sink Prince Albert's French Vanilla Rum Christmas Cookies was the big hit! Apparently I got lucky and managed to give Boswell's Christmas Cookie a little oomph without spoiling the room note.

All the best for the New Year, my friends!

And yes, that Mr. Jpberg is a gentleman of the highest order!

19. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I was very touched, and they did get hugs & kisses. :yes:

20. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Was in Vegas over the holiday and on Christmas Eve smoked Christmas Cookie and on Christmas Day I smoked some Anniversary Cake (because it's my new anniversary) ;)
    Both in my Jobey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.