My TAD order

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Pschoppy48, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pschoppy48

Pschoppy48 Member

After reading through this forum and seeing everyone buying pipes and tobacco, I had to give in to the urge. I bought 3 tobaccos that I never tried before. I ordered:

1. FMOTB
    2. Midnight Ride by CAO
    3. Westminster by G.L. Pease.

I will post my reviews on these blends once I have smoked them.

2. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Yes TAD and PAD is very contagious, and there is nothing one can do but buckle up and try to enjoy the ride lol.

3. caleb442

caleb442 Member

Mmmmmm. I love FMOTB. Very tasty! Never tried the other two.

4. Johnny

Johnny Member

Cool order, FMOTB was my first "premium" blend. I haven't smoked it in over two years and I mean to fix that soon

5. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

You could have done worse! The last two, especially, appear to have loyal followings.

6. Pschoppy48

Pschoppy48 Member

I have noticed! I sit and read through this forum and begin thinking of what to buy next. May have to freeze my cc..lol. Phil.

7. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Great Haul! :thumb:

Have you ever noticed you go to the B&M or online with the intent of purchasing "A LITTLE" weed.....then end up with an account draining box at the door??? It's like screwing fat,ugly chicks when drunk. You wake up going "WHOOOOA...did I do that?"
    :yikes: ​

8. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

I always start making a shopping cart with the goal of just qualifying for free shipping, but when I finally place the order I've dropped one or two Benjamin's more.

9. Pschoppy48

Pschoppy48 Member

I have noticed that myself! I probably would have ordered more if it wasn't for those nasty bills.

10. Pschoppy48

Pschoppy48 Member

First up was FMOTB. I found the tin aroma very pleasing and not overpowering. The tobacco packed easily and burns to a white ash. This seems to be more of a mild English blend to my taste. I sensed a peppery flavor mid-bowl that was a nice compliment. Unlike other English blends, I could smoke this one all day. I smoked it in a cob and an Upshall. I didn't sense too much difference. Phil.

11. grga

grga Member

FMOTB is actually my number one tobacco of all!

12. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

You should consider a TAD vaccination while you still can. I had a slight case of TAD prior to finding PSF. It resulted in 7 tobacco blends in small, managable quantities. Since being exposed to other TAD infected persons, my own TAD has intensified into a full blown epidemic. In a short 6 month span, I have gone from less than a pound of toby to over 8 lbs of toby.

Yes, PSF members are to blame. Reading their detailed descriptions, and using words & phrases like "creamy", "the best ever", "I could smoke this all day" and other similar contagions, I found myself will full blown, incurable TAD. Symptoms include watery mouth, uncontrollable sniffing around pipe tobacco, pipe fondaling, flake-itus, newtobyitus, severe B&M point of purchase disorder, and while visiting on-line tobacco stores you will suffer itchymouseclickyfinger.

Mark my words. Your significant other may not understand. Your friends and relatives may shun the crazed look in your eye. Co-workers may mutter as you pass in the hall. All insignificant compared to satisfying a case of full blown TAD. :startle:

13. Cygnus

Cygnus Member

If my income was greater than it is right now, I would indeed have serious TAD. Since joining this site, I've found about 20 blends I'd like to try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.