1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

My Tinksys

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by soundlzrd, Feb 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Recently in the Now Smoking thread Jeebs asked to see my Tinksys. It took a while, but today I finally got all butt one of the together. The other is a black and tan that I keep at my parents with a jar of H&H Distinguished Penguin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see I love his Dress Coral finish!

2. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Those are very nice! I so want a Tinsky!

Jeebs and IrishRover like this.
  3. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Awesome!

Jeebs likes this.
  4. Jay

Jay Active Member

Very nice, thanks for the pics

5. ChrisAtRGI

ChrisAtRGI Member

Very nice. I'm thinking of getting an American made straight billiard and am thinking Tinsky is the way to go.

6. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Ditto on that!!!!
    He makes some beautiful pipes!

Jeebs and Mark w4mms like this.
  7. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Thanks guys! He does make a great pipe and has excellent customer service. I have a few North American pipes, however I each for Tinksy the most.

8. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

I really like all of them, each one is a piece of art, but the big Poker in the bottom pictures is simply out of this world.:drly:

IrishRover likes this.
  9. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

About your pipe pictures---FREAKIN SCHWEEEEEEETTT. Those are awsome pipes. Very nice---thank you for sharing the pictures.

10. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Thanks Rew! That's my penzance pipe!

11. Spaceboy Tim

Spaceboy Tim Member

All those pipes are nice but that poker is amazing!

12. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Ooooh! That dublin is nice!

13. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Thanks, that is the newest addition. Asked for a Dunhill Zulu inspired pipe.

Dondi and Jeebs like this.
  14. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Agree about the poker, I absolutely love that shape. Mark certainly seems to make nice pipes, although I have never seen or handled one in person. They're all beautiful pipes; I especially like the apple-ish pipe, the brown, rusticated one. That's a beaut.

I tell ya, Tinsky is great, but I've gotten completely infatuated with the good Mr. Davis lately. Rad's work is so classy, and I can't think of anyone who does a better job of sandblasting than he does. If I were to buy an American made pipe, it would be a tough decision. Are Tinsky's usually priced similar to Rad Davis pipes? If Tinsky's pipes are cheaper, then it would make the decision that much harder. Gorgeous pipes, man!

Jeebs likes this.
  15. Jeebs

Jeebs Active Member

Thanks for showing off your Tinsky's. The Dublin & Poker are my favorites.. What is the ferrule on the Poker??

16. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Your welcome! I was surprised to find out I had acquired nine. I only set out to get a seven day set....

I am not sure, it is the same on all the dress pipes except the Christmas pipes.

Jeebs likes this.
  17. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

I am not sure how much Rad Davis pipes go for. Marks pipes start around 160 for the Coral finish I believe.

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  18. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

OK, well then Tinksy's are definitely more affordable. Twice as affordable, as a matter of fact. A Rad will start at about $350, and I've seen them as high as $950. I wouldn't pay the upper end of his prices (because they're all this golden finish that he does, and I'm more into his blasts), but if I were going to spend what I call "Dunhill money" on a pipe, it would absolutely, positively be a Rad.

Looks like a Tinsky might be in my near future, in that case! Great to know!

19. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

I will not be held responsible if they do not comparison to your Rads. To be sure, you should send me a virgin sample so I can compairfor you. I would hate to see you throw money away and hold me responsible. :)

Honestly, I am not sure how something could smoke any better.

20. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Well, MT taught RD how to carve a pipe. Mark's blasts were historically done by RD but now they are blasted by ML (Lindner). I don't own a RD or ML, i'm thoroughly pleased with Tinsky's work.....

Bang/Buck, Tinsky "corals" are the best deal out there in the mid-upper-mid price range imo. Grabbed two to start with, checking it all out and comparing performance between the two, ended up becoming the one pipe carver i have the most pipes from.

That rustic nosewarmer is from Mark's "Collection" 1st pipe, it's what is in my single combo pouch atm. Great little smoker! Liked it so much i had Mark make a few more in different skins ;)

Great spread Sean! That poker is speaking to me! ;)

Ed
    Puff

Jeebs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.