1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

My Tinksys

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by soundlzrd, Feb 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

Beautiful pipes Puff, I see a Tinsky pipe in my future!

2. Jeebs

Jeebs Active Member

how bout you show us your Tinsky's........

3. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Thanks Ed! Its all thanks to you!

Ive been thinking about another Collection pipe, in Dress of course. The current one is used for lat blends. Another would be nice to have for VA and VA/Per. However, I need a Christmas pipe before I get there.

And get a poker! It is a great pipe, big too! Size 6!

Jeebs, I agree, Ed needs to post so more of his spread. He has trickled some out over the years. It was the show and tell in person that was the point of no return. Feeling the pipe in hand..all up hill from there! Well, down hill for my discretionary spending.

Sean

4. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Do it!

5. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

I already did! It's back several pages if they transferred over. If they didn't......they'll be put back up someday again ;)

Just did a search for em, must've gotten pruned! No biggie. :D. There's still a few of my MT's showcased.
    Ed
    Puff

6. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Yes, Ed, I had read about how it was Tinsky who taught Rad how to carve. I was afraid his student MAY have surpassed him, but I just spent a good deal of time over on Mark's website and now I'm not so sure. Mark seems to turn out pipes that are much more affordable and don't compromise quality, but I'm nuts about Rad's blasts and his hand-cut stems and attention to detail, such as the ferrules and bands he uses. In any case, I think it's just fantastic that America can say we have two wonderful pipe carvers in these fellows. Makes one wonder how Jess Chonowitsch gets away with charging such unbelievably outlandish sums for his pipes when really they can't possibly smoke that much better, if at all. I mean, $4000 for a Danish pipe just because it has a master carver's name on it? Am I missing something here? I know they're beautiful, and the shapes and lines are unreal, but still...

You guys are a dangerous bunch, you know that? I was just over on Mark's website, and I literally just almost bought a freakin' pipe! And here I just bought a new Peterson! Argh, whatever will I do with myself? I've already pretty much verbally committed to buying a St. Patrick's Day Peterson from my B&M, and I know he might give me a bit of a glance if I showed up with a new Tinsky instead, but man... they're so gorgeous!

7. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

I've checked out RD's pipes. I'd rather have Tinskys!

Have many ;) Tinskys. Zero RD's with zero plans on getting one or even the slightest "jones" for a RD. Now if you want what you describe as a better blast, stemwork, precision detail, and adornments, go look at BriarArt by Brian Ruthenberg. Besides, if i wanted an RD specifically for his blastwork.....i already have it in some older Tinskys!

Ed
    Puff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.