1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

My wife is a "Pipe Snob"

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by irish2fish, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longshanks

Longshanks He who shall; so shall he... wait, who?

Dec 21, 2012
    I've seem some nice Dr G's but, truth be told, the majority of Dr G's (especially the rusticated) pipes are plain and ugly. I mean... what fifth grader came up with their rustication technique? Sometimes I think someone said, "Whoops... slipped with the Dremil... guess we're going with this rustication design guys. Take a good look and start duplicating."

Now I understand it's timely and potentially more expensive to mass produce beautifully rusticated pipes but, seriously, couldn't they raise the price a few bucks and do it right? Dr G could solve your problem right there.
    Arkie, irish2fish and WalkinStick like this.
  2. RodneyWT1180B

RodneyWT1180B Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Pipes are meant to be used and enjoyed. If you smoke in rougher surroundings like you mention, by all means dedicate a good pipe to being your beater pipe and enjoy it.
    When you break down the cost of a good pipe over time, it doesn't cost that much and is worth it every time you light it up.
  3. irish2fish

irish2fish Active Member

Mar 14, 2012
    I think I will start using one of my older Pete's in place of a Dr. G. And reserve my cobs for fishing, where I am very likely to loose one.
  4. County Mountie

County Mountie Active Member

Sep 12, 2012
    This is an urgent problem that can only be resolved by having her carry it to its logical extent: a complete refurbishing of your entire collection in accordance with her wishes.
    dBear likes this.
  5. dBear

dBear Active Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Just hide the prices from her when you have her pick out your pipes. :thu2:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.