1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Mysterious Stanwell 144???

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by TheLonePipeman, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLonePipeman

TheLonePipeman Member

I got back from an out of state trip this weekend and found that my Stanwell freehand had arrived. The pipe looks great. Once I have cleaned it up I will do before and after pics.
    Here she is:
    http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...n&ssPageName=STRK:ME:LNLK:MEWNX&gbh=1&guest=1

In the eBay product description I saw the number 144, but the pipe was obviously a 63(M) and Stanwell doesn't make a shape called 144 to my knowledge. Now that I have the pipe I can clearly see that it is stamped "Stanwell Antigua 144". This would be strange enough, but with a little searching I found this on smokingpipes.com:
    http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/stanwell/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=52020

A different shape (211) in a different finish also stamped 144. The item description calls it a factory slip-up. Did Stanwell use this stamp for something special? Has anyone heard of something like this before? Does anyone else have a 144 Stanwell? Does this affect the value of the pipe? It would be nice to hear some feedback on this because I am thoroughly puzzled. :msty:

2. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

Try your ebay link again perhaps? When I click it I'm brought to my personal "My Ebay "page.

3. TheLonePipeman

TheLonePipeman Member

Can I change the link once posted???

4. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

There should be an "edit" button somewhere in the post. Alternatively, just add a new post with corrected links.

5. TheLonePipeman

TheLonePipeman Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.