1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Mysterious Stanwell 144???

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by TheLonePipeman, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLonePipeman

TheLonePipeman Member

I got back from an out of state trip this weekend and found that my Stanwell freehand had arrived. The pipe looks great. Once I have cleaned it up I will do before and after pics.
    Here she is:
    http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...n&ssPageName=STRK:ME:LNLK:MEWNX&gbh=1&guest=1

In the eBay product description I saw the number 144, but the pipe was obviously a 63(M) and Stanwell doesn't make a shape called 144 to my knowledge. Now that I have the pipe I can clearly see that it is stamped "Stanwell Antigua 144". This would be strange enough, but with a little searching I found this on smokingpipes.com:
    http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/stanwell/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=52020

A different shape (211) in a different finish also stamped 144. The item description calls it a factory slip-up. Did Stanwell use this stamp for something special? Has anyone heard of something like this before? Does anyone else have a 144 Stanwell? Does this affect the value of the pipe? It would be nice to hear some feedback on this because I am thoroughly puzzled. :msty:

2. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

Try your ebay link again perhaps? When I click it I'm brought to my personal "My Ebay "page.

3. TheLonePipeman

TheLonePipeman Member

Can I change the link once posted???

4. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

There should be an "edit" button somewhere in the post. Alternatively, just add a new post with corrected links.

5. TheLonePipeman

TheLonePipeman Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.