Name my new pipe....Contest!

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by MrJarvis, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrJarvis

MrJarvis Member

Ok,

I thought I would give this a try... I'm a relatively new return to pipes. Ive been smoking them since 2000, but took a long break in 2006 when my kids were born.

Previously my go to smokes were GS: Skiff, and MacB: Virginia #1., or whatever bulk aromatic caught my attention in the B&M.

Recently I ordered McCrannies Red Ribbon, picked up some PS: Proper English, a pack of CH and supplemented that with B&M aromatic blends "Vanilla Mist", "3 Cherry Blend", and "Coco Creme".

Im looking to branch out, and I realize a number of you have huge supplies in your "cellars" to spare.

So here is my contest.... I name all my pipes, and I just bought this new Altinok which is being carved as we speak.....

[​IMG]

Some of my current pipe names include:

"The Mud Bowl" : this is a bent stem sandblasted apple, and is the first pipe i successfully filled in the bottom of with pipe mud to make up for an improperly drilled air hole.

"Mr. Pitts" : this is an uncolored, unpolished straight billiard with a number of visible plugs in it.

"The Jack" : This is a Dr. G Omega. Its named based on the fact that it has both the spade on the stem, and the fact that like a face card, it is more ornate on the stem than necessary. I also use the name "Jack Spade" occasionally when I don't want to give my real name...

"The Dungeon Master": this is a little CAO meer claw holding a bowl. This pipe just reminds me of some swords and sorcery story, or Lord of the Rings type book.

So here is the contest. In an interest to let this forum permanently etch itself in my pipe collection, and to better round out my knowledge of tobaccos out there, I am going to let one of you name my new pipe. Please suggest both a name, and place your bid in the form of different tobaccos you would be willing to send me to sample in exchange for having your name permanently associated with such a fine Altinok pipe in my collection. I will refer to this pipe by your name in all my posts here that mention it, and you have my solemn word that its how I will refer to it privately and publicly offline as well.

The winner will get to both directly influence the name of my pipe, as well as influence my future choices of tobaccos.

To enter, please reply with:

1) Your suggested name.

2) A bid or offering of tobaccos.

I will chose the COMBINATION I like best. A crappy name with a ton of free tobacco will not necessarily be the winner....

READY....

SET.....

GO!

2. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Call it Doug Waugh and I'll give you a half bag of sawdust.

3. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

:xd:

4. woody

woody Admin Admin

Nice pipe :puffy: Congrats!

MrJarvis likes this.
  5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Hows about SchlongPow ........ I'll send ya a tin of unopened Sutliff Spinaker

6. MrJarvis

MrJarvis Member

hahahha...so far it looks like the best offer is a bag of sawdust. LOL!

jpberg and ruffinogold like this.
  7. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

If it's coming from jpberg, it's probably well aged sawdust. :beck:

8. John Long

John Long Member

How about "Mr. Pibb"
    My local B&M is out of Mixture 79 so no tobaccy is comming your way. Sorry.

9. phinz

phinz Active Member

How about Wheatley or Chell, since it has all those portals all over it...

I can send you some Kendal Plug, or some Anni Kake, or some Royal Blunder Kake, or some SPC Plum Pudding, or even some Squadron Leader that's been in a jar for over 2 years.

Portal 2 Link

MrJarvis likes this.
  10. MrJarvis

MrJarvis Member

Wheatley it is. Very generous offers on the tobaccos. I will have to be sure to try them all...

That said, I appreciate your sincerity. Obviously this contest idea was in bad form and a party foul.

No need to send me anything.

-Brent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.