Nat Sherman?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by William Seery, May 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. William Seery

William Seery Member

I used to smoke Nat Sherman cigarettes before I recently moved on to pipes, and I was wondering if anyone has tried any of their pipe tobacco, and if so, how is it?

2. woody

woody Admin Admin

If it's anything like D&R tobacco it's cigarette tobacco falsely labeled as pipe tobacco to avoid paying taxes. I wouldn't smoke it if you paid me.

3. Marc

Marc Active Member

Nat Sherman has had pipe tobaccos for many years, they have something like 7 or 8 different blends. I have tried 2 or 3 over the years and thought their #580 Liberty Golden Virginia was pretty good, but it has been years since I smoked any of their blends, google Nat Sherman for more information and look them up at Tobbaco Reviews.

4. woody

woody Admin Admin

That's good to know.

5. Marc

Marc Active Member

Nat Sherman tobaccos are listed at Tobacco Reviews under their brand name.

6. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

NS makes or made great tobaccos (pipe and cigarette). They stopped tinning pipe toby last year or the year prior and were only going to continue with bulk for the pipes as well as their cigarette manufacturing. So if you do find NS in tin and like it, stock up.....I haven't seen any NS bulk pipe toby yet. I. Really like their 307 Va-Cav and was lucky to find a some at a local b&m but they are out of business (not due to any lack of support on my part). Their pipe toby is indeed quality leaf, blending, and well worth the hunt.

:wiz:
    Ed
    Puff

7. William Seery

William Seery Member

Thanks for the help guys :)

8. DunhillMan

DunhillMan Member

Do someone know where can I buy Nat Sherman's blends online? Thanks in advance.

9. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Haven't found any. You call/email their store?

Ed
    Puff

10. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

When I was in their store, they suggested to me that they could do mail order..... If you can't find any, I will be in Madrid at the end of March and could bring you some... -David

11. DunhillMan

DunhillMan Member

Thanks a lot, David. In fact, the info is for a friend who likes the #580 LGV, and it seems he couldn't find it anymore. I'll suggest him to contact Nat Sherman by email to order.

About that trip to Madrid, I live in Burgos, at 150 miles from Madrid. Maybe we could have a meeting during your stay here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.