Need Help Choosing (Read Label Below)

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by KeysandPlastic, Mar 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeysandPlastic

KeysandPlastic Member

No, I haven't tried it, just read the description and reviews and wanted to.

2. ZuluSafari

ZuluSafari Member

Because PA, CH, SWR, etc., All of which I regularly enjoy along with Kentucky Club, Mixture 79, H&H, and Velvet; do not conjure the same feeling the Original Poster is describing. For me, the standard American OTC's conjure images/memories of the every day tasks done by our fathers and grandfathers - raking the lawn, fixing the car, mending a fence, etc. Other than being working staples, they would also be enjoyed while reading the paper, or relaxing in the den after dinner to such blends. For walking the hills of Ireland or the British Isles, or Scandinavia, I picture more traditional offerings from "across the pond." I haven't tried St. Bruno, Condor, Capstan, or other "native" blends, so I can not add them to my personal picture outlined in the original post.

If your imagination only allows for PA in a cob, more power to you.

All that said, there is definitely a place in any pipe smoker's cellar for the OTC blends, of which I have more than just a few ounces waiting for their turn.

3. KeysandPlastic

KeysandPlastic Member

What are these blends?

My list is as follows from Mars Cigars

I have $20 more to spend, 2 tins or 100g tin.

2 Corncob- Great Dane $11.90
    1 Erinmore- Flake $9.50
    1 Granger $3.75
    1 Sir Walter Raleigh $5.25

4. ZuluSafari

ZuluSafari Member

Those blends are very common in the UK, but aren't imported/licensed/sold in the US (to my knowledge.)

5. KeysandPlastic

KeysandPlastic Member

1 Rattrays- Bagpipers Dream $17.50
    1 Erinmore- Flake $9.50
    1 GLP- Jacknife Plug $11.75

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.