1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Needed, an expert is!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Dutchking22, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dutchking22

Dutchking22 Member

I have some Whiskey Cavendish that is almost gone. What should I mix it with?

2. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

Everything mixes well with a burley.

dmkerr likes this.
  3. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

+1 on the burley.

4. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

I would mix whisky cavendish with egg shells and orange peels, and throw it in the garbage. But I'm guessing that's not what you are asking, Dutchking....?

5. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

I was going to go with coffee grounds, but didn't want to sound like a jerk. But now that you've broken the ice......

6. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Pleased to blaze that trail for you, Berg.

7. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

I never knock another mans tobacco just as I don't like anyne kncking my choices. Just saying...

8. TxPipesmoker

TxPipesmoker Active Member

To each his own guys. What works for one does not work for everyone.

9. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

I only feel entitled to do it because I smoke wimp-level Danish girly tobacco almost exclusively, and JPBerg smokes shredded tires (Goodyear, I think, but I think he dabbles in Pirellis too). And if anyone wants to have a laugh at what I smoke they are more than welcome.

I suppose I'm assuming that everyone feels as I do (and as I think you do Earl) - that what I like to put in my pipe is no one's business but mine, and if Dutchking likes whiskey cavendish that's great - I'm glad for him. So if I tease a fellow a bit, it's only because I absolutely do not care one way or another what ANYbody here likes to smoke.

10. TxPipesmoker

TxPipesmoker Active Member

I dont think there really is a wimp level tobacco. The Danes do it right as well as the English and so on...No foul

11. jpberg

Yokahamas, not Pirellis.
    Yeah, anybody that likes exactly what I like has got to be nuts. Besides, I don't think I've ever given Dutchking greif about anything, and I didn't want him feeling left out.

12. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

I had some whiskey cavendish laying around that I mixed 50/50 with Carter Hall. Left it in a jar for a few days and when I came back it was a surprisingly tasty smoke.

13. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

I just always feel I must come to the aid of pipers that have their blends knocked. Take for example aromatics, they get dissed on so many forums yet they are the best selling tobaccos in the world. I just hate it whensmokers of it start feeling they need to hang their head because of all the barbs thrown at them. Then when I see a Moderator starting it I really get mad. It's a good way to start a flaming war and I think that this forum is above that which is one reason I am a member and active on it. I did not feel you were teasing but if you were that changes things.

14. jpberg

Earl, the only one who has a flame lit right now is you. The tobacco in question could have been anything from Mixture 79 to forty year old Dunhill #10 and my answer would have been the same.

Whenever tobaccos get badmouthed here, my nature is to assume that it is in good fun. It's very rare that I sense any ill will or mean spiritedness at PSF. I'm surprised that you do.

15. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

Maybe add some C&D 909: Coffee, for that "Irish Coffee" thing. That might be good.

16. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

jpberg...you need to read and comprehend what was said in prior posts sir, one, I stated that criticizing someone elses tobacco is fuel for flaming and I stand by that statement especially when it is done by a moderator. I have been moderating forums for years and have a lot of experience seeing this. But I also said that I don't think this forum supports flaming and is above it. The OP asked for some advise and all he got was critcism of the tobacco he wanted to mix. I'm sorry, but I will come to the aide of anyone that is being wronged. It's how I am and the way I was brought up. There are ways to make sure that readers of your posts know you are teasing. I did not see any, so I reacted. I am only practicing good forum manners.

17. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

No. There was no criticism. No one said anything critical. I made a joke. It was not intended to hurt anyone's feelings, nor I think has it done so. This thread is turning ugly because of your own perceptions, Earl, and nothing else. If you want to run this place different, I suggest you PM Woody. Everybody else is fine here. You're like a drunk at a pary who's looking to fight, and everybody is just quietly sitting around having a good time.

18. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

19. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

Oh sure SAS, I come to the aid of a guy I felt got no respect and it's my fault. Well that is a bunch of bull! Read you post and your joke did not sound like one. I am not trying to run the place but you should know better as a Mod and now you are flaming me with the drunk comparison. And obviously you did cause the issue or I would not have reacted.

20. woody

woody Aloha! Admin

Alright guys lets stop right before this gets out of hand.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.