1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Neerup?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Boomer-Z, Aug 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

Hello,

I have a little extra $$$$ and PAD. A dangerous combination. Any one have thoughts or experience with Neerup pipes? I have been looking their less expensive ones and I like the look of them.

Thanks,
    Z

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

I have never own one and I have only heard good things about them.

What $$$$ are you looking at?

3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

I like how they look too, particularly some of the stem treatments.

How they smoke I do not know. But they are selling like hotcakes.

4. mpchem

mpchem Member

I'm with you on liking the look. I'd like to know how they smoke as well.

5. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

I have 2 Neerups, from the Classic line. One is a bent rhodesian (Burley dedicated) and the other a bent ball (VAs). Each pipe was purchased from SP and I found the cost exceedingly reasonable. 1st let me say that for a Danish pipe, the bowl sizes remind me of my Radice's. 2nd the smoking quality of each is right up there with a good Stanwell or Pete IMO. I would not hesitate to add another to my rotation. I agree that the newest batch on SP's website have some really stellar stem treatments. I think it would be $ well spent.

6. WillH

WillH Active Member

Well....I've had two Neerups in my lifetime. One was horrid the other was okay - not spectacular, but okay. I discovered that the lower end Neerups leave a bit to be desired. The high end jobs are good smokers. Neither of my pipes were as good as comparable priced Brebbia, IMO.

Me thinks with Neerups, as with many things, you get what you pay for......

Will

Probably should add that I bought my pipes a few years ago, so things could be different today.... :whistle:

7. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

8. Ivycap

Ivycap Member

9. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Another Danish wizard! Great looking pipes and comfortable on the wallet too. I'd imagine these are some excellent smokerz.

:groucho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

10. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I have 2 Neerups I paid $110 each for and love them both. I smoke them more than any other pipes because of their size & comfort. One is a 5" bent pot and the other is a 5.25" bent brandy glass. They are finished out well, both have thick bowls, comfortable stems and great smokers. I also noticed that they seemed to build a nice cake a little quicker than my other pipes. Don't know if it was the tobacco selected or the finish out.

I have my tan brandy glass Neerup in my pipe case with some Special Blend right now. Meeting some guys tonight for 2 beers & a bowl night.

11. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

The old neerups are lumpen, malformed things that look as if the carver took his inspiration from an Idaho potato, but the new neerups on smokingpipes look really slick.

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

12. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

It's maybe my age, but you know I could take to the "before" model, it's got a certain agricultural appeal to me, somwhat in the same way that Russian motor bikes and cameras used to have!

Thanks for an interesting thread,

Best to all,

Gerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.