1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

New Arrivals

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Burner, Oct 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burner

Burner Member

I managed to post this in the tobacco area last night :whistle: so I thought I'd have another go today!

Here are two new arrivals; A Barlings zulu shape which made the long journey from Los Angeles to join my other pipes in Tobacco Corner and a Altinay Meer that seems hardly smoked but has lived a hard short life. It had a big black stain on the bottom from, I presume, being put in an ashtray while hot. I used some toothpaste to get as much out as possible. Both these maintain my credentials as a cheap bastard by being ebay pickups and way cheeeeep.
    [attachment=1187:new.jpg]

2. 4sure

4sure New Member

Ain't nothing wrong with cheap and they look like a great find. As long as they smoke good who cares?

3. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Not bad at all - like the look of them both but the Barling is a beauty. I do have a soft spot for this brand - enjoy in good health for many years,

Best to all

Gerry

4. Burner

Burner Member

Thanks Gerry - Barlings are lovely if only I had the pocket to get some of those old "fossils" that go for so much.

5. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

That Barling is the $h!ts, Man!

6. telltime

telltime Active Member

I've said it before... that zulu/yachtsman shape is one of my absolute favorites. Tough call between that and the bulldog for me, but this one may win out.

7. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

I love me some cheap pipes sometimes, i have some really cheap pipes that i bought when i first started to get in the swing of things that i still smoke to this day and they smoke just as good if not better( a few of them) than my more expansive name brand pipes. Money and a name is not what makes a pipe good in my eyes.

8. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Those are some sweet looking burners, Burner! Nice score on the Barling too. I'd be jealous if I hadn't recently bought a very well restored Brewster billiard for $15 which smokes like a champ! It's not the price but how a pipe smokes that counts and you can get some good deals if you keep your eyes open!

9. Tas Gunsmith

Tas Gunsmith Member

Hi Burner,
    Your Altinay meer has exactly the same markings as my unbranded meer. It may give some clues as to what it is unless most carvers use the same patterns.
    Thanks for showing us tobacco corner too. It's nice to see peoples collections.
    Cheers Rolf.

10. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Well done, Burner. I'd say the Barling zulu
    is the pick of the crop! Enjoy.

dp

11. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

Nice finds, and it's always a pleasure to know another F&T HDT fan! :eek:hyeah:

12. Burner

Burner Member

Ah well spotted Andy! Tried the Barling tonight and it smokes impeccably. I now have 3 barlings and they're all nice smokers.

13. tsgourley

tsgourley Member

Nice finds, Burner. Like everyone else in this thread, I really like the Barling. I'm glad it's a keeper. I'm sure the meer will be just as good. I'm betting its happy it has an owner who will take care of it now.

14. smoore

smoore Member

Nice finds there, I hope you enjoy both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.