1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

New cob

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by BCathcart, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BCathcart

BCathcart Member

So, reading through our awesome forum, I found a link - http://www.pamall.net/pipes/page2.html Jake Hackert. Awesome. I decided I wanted a MM Freehand, with his antler stem on it. I ordered it Monday the 29th, and received it today - Friday the 3rd. $30 for the pipe, $5.50 shipping. $35.50 total. I cannot say enough good things about how easy this transaction was. Jake replies quickly to emails. He didn't have this pipe constructed at the time I inquired about it, said he would put one together, and send me pics after it was complete. I highly recommend Jake. The pipe, is AWESOME~ I have yet to smoke it ( tomorrow night ). The draw feels really good. Here is a pic.

I couldn't seem to figure out how to post a larger picture. Oh well. Enjoy -

2. pottsy

pottsy Member

I hope you have a full tin to fill it with. That looks huge.

3. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

I still have yet to smoke a cob, but that pipe is making me really want to try one. Very nice.

4. jmiket91

jmiket91 Member

Wow! What a nice pipe! I may have to add a Hackert to my collection!

5. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

The MM freehand was my first true cob and i am totally in love with it, smoke sooooooo damn good, and you dont need that much tobacco to fill it no more that normal due to the fact its skinny at the bottom and widens out at the top. Stellar smoker, you will enjoy that pipe very much. Happy smoking!!!!!!

6. BCathcart

BCathcart Member

The Bowl is extremely tall, but not wide. I can get my whole pinky finger in there. What an awesome pipe.

I love cobs. I actually prefer a cob over most any pipe.

7. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

I was wondering how long it would take to smoke a full bowl in that! Please do post a "smoke report" :bing:

8. BCathcart

BCathcart Member

Oh yes, I surely will. :thumbsu:

9. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Have a Freehand myself and can confirm that they don't take as much tobacco as you might think - the bowl is indeed quite narrow - I can't get my forefinger right down one. They smoke great, the only known weakness with them is the pine stem splitting - I think Jack Hackert's got the answer here.

Enjoy the pipe and can anyone give me a link for Jake - I have one of his Bulldogs but got it from a friend rather than from The Man himself,

Best to all

Gerry

10. BCathcart

BCathcart Member

Here is the link to his page. http://www.pamall.net/pipes/page2.html

11. Jonny

Jonny Member

Is it painted that colour or is that a natural yellow on the bowl?

12. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

That IS the color! Hackert Freehands are THE BEST! Haven't run across a better cob-freehand yet. They were what got me onto JH pipes. His briarz are awesome too!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

13. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

May the Cob-force be with you!

Nice pipe BTW. :cheers:

14. BCathcart

BCathcart Member

OK, I finally had a chance to smoke this beauty last night. I smoked it for about 45 min and got through approx. half of bowl. This thing smoke incredible! Very nice pipe. I cannot say enough good things.

GET ONE!

Cheers
    Brian

15. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi and thanks for the link - have bookmarked it as a favourite,

Gerry

16. StevenEC

StevenEC Member

Nice, I'm looking to get one too. Does he put a hardwood bottom in on the freehand? Also is it filtered or unfiltered?

17. BCathcart

BCathcart Member

Yes, he does put the hardwood plug in the bottom, the stem is unfiltered.

18. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Here'z mine:

[​IMG]

If you look closely, you can see a "whisp" of smoke rizing from the bowl :whistle:

Great smokes theze Hackert cobz. I feel it'z the best out there. He takes the MM and "Hot Rods" the helloutofit! Glad he doez!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

19. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Balaenius Rex!!

I've never heard a bad word about a Hackert. Nice pipe. I hope you enjoy the bejeezus out of it.
    WK

20. BCathcart

BCathcart Member

That is a beaut puff, it appears your stem is a bit darker than mine. That is what I like about Hackerts pipes, they are all one of kind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.