1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

New Davorin Denovic Morta pipe in the making

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by FlatbushPaul, Apr 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

I have placed an order for Davorin to make me a new Morta pipe. He doesn't take on new customers in the USA because he has contracted a couple of web sites to sell his pipes now, but he is allowed to sell to previous customers and I have purchased a few pipes from him in the past. I saw this pipe on his web site and really liked it. It was no longer available but he is making me one similar. I am really psyched and impatient. I love Morta pipes. I have one for Virginias and one for English/Balkan blends. I am not sure what I will smoke in this one. He is supposed to email me a picture when it is completed. Here is the one that caught my eye.
    [​IMG]

He is a great guy to deal with, truley a nice man. The 2 previous pipes I have from him are fabulous smokers and I am sure this one will be as well.

Paul

Thuber88, WalkinStick, jdto and 8 others like this.
  2. leonidas

leonidas Member

...what a nice pipe!

....very elegant...........

3. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Very nice, Paul.

4. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Very nice Paul. I was kicking the tires last year, even emailed Davorin. Dammit, should have pulled the trigger.

5. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

Stunning pipe:drly:

6. FlatbushPaul

7. FlatbushPaul

I corresponded with Davorin and he has roughed in the new pipe. He said he will be away for a couple of days and will complete when he returns. Because it is a glossy finish he said that will take some time as Morta is the hardest wood to make a pipe out of. He will send me pictures when it is completed. I wait patiently....:popc:

Thuber88, psquared and Old Codger like this.
  8. Russell Hartman

I love morta for English/Latakia blends. I waited patiently for a long time before aquiring a Morta pipe. I can say that without ANY reservations when it comes to the combo of Morta and Latakia--at least for me--it literally is a match that makes a pipe nirvana. Granted I see some smoke other tobaccos in theirs, but I had sole intentions of Latakia only in mine, and so far since 2010 when I got it--NO regrets--I hope you enjoy the pipe--be patient. Good luck.

9. FlatbushPaul

Thanks, RH,
    I would be inclined to agree with you regarding latakia. My morta pipe for Latakia is my best smoker for English/Balkan blends, absolutely fabulous! But then again, the other morta pipe I have is pretty much dedicated to Virginia blends such as FVF and it also is amazing! So I guess it depends on what you personally like best!

10. FlatbushPaul

Here are pictures of the pipe. Davorin just sent them to me. It is Copper Morta. I am in love with the color!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Squidpanda

Squidpanda Member

That is a beautiful pipe.

FlatbushPaul likes this.
  12. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Sweet pipe! Congrats, Paul.

Mike

FlatbushPaul likes this.
  13. psquared

Very nice, that copper morta is sweet.

FlatbushPaul likes this.
  14. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

15. Russell Hartman

As was said copper Morta is beautiful for sure. I feel that all Morta wood pipes are stunners. I will tell you that when you get it--enjoy it, and enjoy the great attributes Morta can give you in a pipe. Once again congrats on getting it.:thu2:

FlatbushPaul likes this.
  16. FlatbushPaul

I finally received my new pipe and it is perfect! I gave it a whirl with Uhle's #00 for it's first smoke. It has a perfect draw and was cool and dry. It is a stunning pipe to look at. My other 2 pipes from Davorin are blasted, this is smooth and glossy. A very different look altogether. I'm gonna smoke Burleys in it until it's broken in, then, I am not sure which way I'll go with it yet.
    I'm lovin' my Morta!

psquared likes this.
  17. psquared

Pic's or you-know-what.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.