1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

new falcon bowl.

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by craig, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craig

craig Active Member

hey fellas hope your all well.

got a new falcon bowl today to be my faithful condor burner, i was going to get a bulldog bowl but the bore was a bit on the small side so i settled for a smooth billiard.

[​IMG]

Smokes beautifully, and its not to small of a smoke but not to big, its in the breaking in process at the moment so im hoping in a week or two it will be ready to have some good old condor run through it :D
    So yeah sorry dunhil, savinelli etc im sticking with falcon my mind is made up, im now a dedicated metal head :D

Just Smitty, Stonewall, fordy and 2 others like this.
  2. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Nice! Good on you, Craig! Is that an 'H' Falcon?

3. craig

craig Active Member

if by h you mean hunter stonewall then sorry to say mate it isnt, its a regular falcon but its my best smoker:D

4. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

I actually wish I knew more about this; I was hoping there would be more input, but apparently, certain stem shapes or models were classified as "H" type Falcons. Just from what I've seen in estates, a slightly bent Falcon stem with contoured bit, and an H stamped on the reverse side of the stem. I have one, which peaked my interest, I've seen several more estates that were H Falcons. These may have only been manufactured in the U.S.

Yours looks similar to mine if the photos haven't deceived me.

5. craig

craig Active Member

mines a curved standard stem stonewall, i do have a bent one stashed away but thats my christmas present off my parents, im not so sure on the stamp markings, the best person to clarify this to my knowledge would be snake, he knows his stuff about falcons.

Stonewall likes this.
  6. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

I will ask ole Snake next time I see him about. Cheers!

7. fordy

fordy Member

I have one of those but Meer lined. I use it mostly for Aros so not to ghost the other bowls..

8. craig

craig Active Member

ahh cool fordy whats your oppinion on the meer lined falcon bowls, they dont have all that good a press on here generally.

9. fordy

fordy Member

There carp m8 - IMHO.
    I have an Algiers & an Istanbul, but I scraped the lining out - too heavy & the meer starts to crumble away after a while.

10. craig

craig Active Member

bloody hell that bad, i didnt think they would actually start crumling is that because its not block and its kind of like a dust moulded into shape?

11. fordy

fordy Member

yep.
    The Billiard is holding up though - but it doesn't get that much use.

GlassEye likes this.
  12. craig

craig Active Member

think mind is deffinitely made up now just straight briar for me then.

13. Biggles

Biggles Active Member

Congratulations Craig, I hope she smokes good for years to come!

14. BobOstro61

BobOstro61 Member

Nice pipe! My brother had a couple of those Falcons and really liked them.

15. craig

craig Active Member

Im sure she will biggles apart from a few teething problems when i got my first falcon in august it has behaved superbly since i got the knack and its is pretty much trouble free it does its thing of burning and adding that touch of sweetness while i do my thing of kicking back and enjoying.

P.s love your avatar makes me laugh everytime i see it

16. craig

craig Active Member

Your brother is a man with taste bob :D they behave superbly and are cheap to boot also theh require very little maintainance (but i look after mine propperly) if you look on ebay you will often find falcons from the older boys and if there brit have about twenty thirty years of use with strictly condor or st bruno and they can be brought back to life good as new.

P.s welcome to the boards bob hope you enjoy your time with us

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.