1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

new/first Pete

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Rider, Oct 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rider

Rider Member

hey guys, thanks to everyone who helped me pick this shape. this is my new/first Peterson samhain

what do you think? B)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Tas Gunsmith

Tas Gunsmith Member

Love it!
    Decision well made. I knows you will enjoy it as I'm enjoying mine. Pete's are good and there tobacco is not to bad either. I've been using De Luxe Mixture in mine.

3. Shootinok

Shootinok Member

That's a beauty !!
    Didn't even know they made a Halloween pipe.

4. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

That is a very beautiful pete, very good choice. Hope she smoke great but never heard of a pete that dosent.

5. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Very nice!

6. Mike Pomery

Mike Pomery Active Member

7. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Nice band with the witch logo! :bing:

Be sure to clean out the stain inside the shank, use cotton buds soaked in alcohol. Stain in the bowl is easy enough to deal with, just use fine grit sandpaper..

8. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

some nice birdseye on the sides of that burner. enjoy it Rider, my 999 smokes VaPer flakes like a champion :thumbsu:

9. Tsurugi

Tsurugi Member

I like it.

I'm waiting for my first Peterson to that prob will come any day now.. I hope.. :puffy:

10. WisconsinPiper

WisconsinPiper Member

A pete is always a good decision, happy puffing!

11. justMike

justMike Member

mmmmmmmmmmm.. sehr schone....

12. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi,

I think it's absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on making the right decision and many many happy years with the beauty!

Best as ever

Gerry

13. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Now that's a purty Pete! Grain and finish look great on it. You gonna save it to smoke on Samhain? Need a baccy that's pun'kin flavored.....or not! LOL

So, does anyone know how to pronounce Samhain? Not at all like it's spelled, but "Sa-win", accent on the first syllable. It's Gaelic, meaning "Summers end", and celebrated on Oct.1st/Nov. 31st. Samhain marked the end of the harvest, the end of the "lighter half" of the year and beginning of the "darker half". It was traditionally celebrated over the course of several days. The Gaels believed that the border between this world and the otherworld became thin on Samhain, thus allowing the dead to reach back through the veil that separated them from the living. Bonfires played a large part in the festivities, and people and their livestock would often walk between two bonfires as a cleansing ritual.

The Christian religion usurped the Pagan rites when Christianity came to prominence in Scotland and Ireland. The Gaelic festival became associated with the Christian "All Saints' Day" and "All Souls' Day", and has hugely influenced the secular customs now connected with Halloween, the name being a Scottish shortening of the fuller "All-Hallows-Even".

Happy Halloween! Smoke your new pipe in good health!

14. WillH

WillH Active Member

Thar ya go. That pipe will serve you well for many moons. Like the band! I've never seen one of those before!

Will

15. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Oooo... I've been lusting after a Pete Halloween pipe for awhile.

Nice score, Dude!

16. Burner

Burner Member

What a great choice and what a great pipe. :cheers:

17. Rider

Rider Member

Well someone knows there Halloween history :goodjob: . Not meaning to get into religion, as I know this isn't the place, but, I'm catholic with some wiccan beliefs and I take Samhain pretty seriously. I'm thinking of saving it in till then but I might give in before it. Either way I'll be sure to smoke then :eek:hyeah: . I wouldn't mind a pumpkin pie flavored toby lol. I plan on smoking town topic in it and I'm working on getting some autumn evening from C&D.

Most people haven't heard of this pete and I guess they don't make them every year. I've been wanting one for a while now and cup o joe's are the only people I found that had them.

Thank again for everyone helping make a decision and happy Halloween :cheers:

18. Rider

Rider Member

theres no stain to be found in this one. the bowl is carbonized and the shank is perfectly clean B)

19. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Balaenius Rex!!

I trust a Pete. I've got an Irish Sea and the bowl is a good smoker, not that I have too many other briars to compare it to. I'm sure you'll enjoy your Pete as much as I am enjoying mine. Smoke in good health. Nice purchase.
    WK

20. ChrisD

ChrisD Member

very nice looking pipe!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.