1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

new in spain

Discussion in 'The Smoking Lounge' started by wonderingson, Sep 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wonderingson

wonderingson Member

hi I am new to the forum and also new to san sebastian spain. I moved from alabama to spain ( big step ) and miss my local brairy soooo much. Does anyone know of any fine tobacco shops (no head shops) in san sebastian spain? (donostia).
    I am currently smoking a (602) savenelli [​IMG]

with a blend from my favorite pipe shop in L.A. called Father Dempsey

cheers

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

No idea about a "local" but I buy a lot of briar from Spain, and there was a brand of pipes called Le Torre (the tower) from spain, which looked quite nice.

3. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

...and welcome to the Forum!

Actually most "Estancos" which are Governemt licenced tobacconists in Spain are pretty good. In the larger towns they carry a good stock of American and British Pipe tobaccos and some sell quality pipes.

When I'm on Spanish Territory I usually smoke a Spanish brand of Pipe tobacco called "Gravina" - it comes in a red packet and is ready rubbed; it's about the same strength, taste and cut as St. Bruno Ready Rubbed and has a pleasant aroma remiscent of black chocolate which most people around you enjoy.

Visit either a local market or a tobacconist where the locals go and ask simply for pipe tobacco and you might get the stuff they smoke - home grown caporal type tobacco sometimes with broken cigars chopped into it; it's bone dry, but God it can be a good smoke,

Best to all

Gerry

4. wonderingson

wonderingson Member

Thank you kindly for the advice. I will look for Gravina, it sounds lovely.
    Im sure I can find some nice home grown Basque as well.
    Cheers.

5. wonderingson

wonderingson Member

Thanks i will surely check Le Torre out.
    Cheers

6. ted

ted Member

Absolutely sorry to hijack this thread. Only a quick question for SAS.
    From whom do you buy Spanish briar. Been to Grenada(NE of Barcelona) twice to buy and cannot remember the producers name. Pietro, but I can't remember if that was the supplier or his Grandson. Rosa Vidal was my interpritor in Barcelona. Flew to Barcelona... Bags went to Brussels. Ever try to buy drawers and pants in metric? Tough duty for a stupid American.... Sorry, ... ted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.