1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

New MM Great Dane Eggs

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by DGErwin11, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

Yesterday I received an order of 3 GDE's and they seemed different from the one I had. I measure them and while both have 3/4'' chambers, the new ones have 3/16'' bowl wall at widest point, the first one is 1/4''. I wonder, is MM getting bigger cobs now?

The first one I got came from an online retailer, these 3 straight from MM. Does that mean anything?

Tho still in breaking in stage, they smoke like champs.

2. idiotbox37

idiotbox37 Member

i would think that MM would have their newest products?

3. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

They've also got "old stock" they must move before the new cobs start going. I've noticed that wall thickness seems to vary quite a bit within the Egg/Spool shapes. No biggie really. The thinner walled cobs will get hotter faster but they're light enough to clench so it really don't matter much. IMO.

Wow, 3 Eggs ehhh? That's a squad! Corn-gratz!

Ed
    Puff

4. DGErwin11

No, 4 I already had one and I liked it so much I ordered enough to fill out my roration

5. Puff The Magic

Nice "roration"! :D

Ed
    Puff

I know, I can be a wise-arse, or am a ............

6. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

I've got a straight Egg that's a regular smoker, and just ordered a bent one. Of all the MM's, I like how the Egg fills my hand the best. Now if they could make an Egg with the bowl size of a CG, it would be the perfect pipe. I'd have scores of them, with Forever Stems in a wide spectrum of colors.

7. DGErwin11

OOPS. So that is what spell check is for.

8. DGErwin11

Well, at least it is larger than the Legend. I have Legends, Diplomats, Patriots, Eggs and one Spool. I think the Egg is the best smoker by far.

So far I have restrained myself and only ordered 1 Standard Vulcanite Forever Stem. But damn, those Lucites are as alluring as anything that is not 30 and blonde.

9. Beale

Beale Active Member

Congrats on the Eggs! I have 4 different Cobs but no Eggs. Sounds like you really like yours. Enjoy! Beale.

10. DGErwin11

I do and I will.

11. Puff The Magic

Those Forever Vulcanites do have somewhat of a "come hither" appeal don't they???

I love 'em!

Ed
    Puff

12. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

The GDE will be my next cob purchase. I have a bent Legend.

13. Nuck81

Nuck81 Member

You should try the Gentleman, it's my favorite cob. I am going to pick up an egg today...

Edit: They didn't have any eggs so I picked up my third gentleman

14. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

I have plans to get a pair of Country Gentlemen to use as my travel pipes. I think they'd look great in lucite Forever Stems, but I can't decide if I want the Brown Marble or Black Rose versions.

15. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

Never smoked this shape before, so I cannot tell if MM changed them or not. I do know that the forever stems will change whatever pipe you put the on. Just ordered my first lucite stems, green and grey. They look and feel awesome. I say go for it, get two(or seven)

16. DGErwin11

I favor the pipes with hardwood plug in the bottom. They seem like they would resist getting soggy better.

17. Nuck81

Nuck81 Member

I haven't been able to tell a difference in moisture between the Danes and Diplomats, that have the plug, between the Gentleman that doesn't. But I'm not a wet smoker.

The Gentleman has a great sized bowl, smokes well, and has a good look about it. I have three Gentlemans now, and two Dane Spools, but at the end of the day I reach for a Gentleman more often...

18. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Balaenius Rex!!

I'm breaking in an Ozark Mtn. and a General this week. I had the egg in the cart and then I took it out. Oh well. Next time.
    Enjoy them!
    WK

19. WyoBob

WyoBob Member

That's because you haven't smoked a MM Morgan, yet.

WyoBob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.