New offerings from Altadis

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Stonewall, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Perhaps theyre not that new, but Smokingpipes.com has 10 new tobaccos from Altadis.

I don't have a great deal of experience with Altadis other than some sweet aromatics I purchased when I started up with the pipe. But their Edgeworth Match was one that recently caught my attention, and I've been trying to find it available ever since.

However, upon looking at the news elections from Altadis, a few new ones have peeked my interest as well.

Left Bank, Trafalgar, Highlander, and Golden Dream. Check them out on SP.com; if you please.

Cheers!

Jeebs likes this.
  2. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

I have been impressed by the few Altadis blends Ive tried...

3. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

I've been told the Edgeworth Match is superb! I'm willing to give them uanother shot on those blends I mentioned. I should check Tobaccoreviews.com to see if they've been reviewed. The ones I listed look very promising.

4. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Ive been eying that as an "order filler" for when I happen to make an online purchase. Ive had the 965 match...its good. Not dead on, but its pretty damn close. Their Heavy English is good too...

5. OldSouled65

OldSouled65 Active Member

None of them are on TobaccoReviews, to save you the time. I just looked them up cause I too was eyeing them.

Stonewall likes this.
  6. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Well, I can tell you that if you are a fan of 965, and would like a bulk supply of it, the Altadis match is close enough to warrant the purchase.

Stonewall likes this.
  7. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Yet another blend I've been curious about. Was 965 originally a Dunhill blend?

8. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Yes. Its still is. I bought a tin of the Dunhill stuff about a month ago...delicious. The Altadis match isnt dead on...but seeing how it is available in bulk, and Dunhill 965 ist, its more than close enough. All its missing is that special "dunhillness"...

Coastal Bend and Stonewall like this.
  9. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

I don't have any experience with Dunhill blends. I should give them a chance I suppose. DH Flake really put me off for some reason.

OldSouled65 likes this.
  10. Jeebs

Jeebs Active Member

Being mostly a Virginia smoker... Altadis 507c Virginia is in my top 3. Altadis red Virginia is in my top 8.

Stonewall likes this.
  11. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Ive only ever had Duhill english blends, but I find them delicious...

Stonewall likes this.
  12. OldSouled65

OldSouled65 Active Member

EMP was one of my first blends and to this day, I still have over half a tin left, I find it disgusting and incredibly ashy after the half bowl point. IMO that's their worst offering, I enjoy Nightcap though.

Stonewall likes this.
  13. will

will Member

My B&M carries the Altadis 965 and I like it a lot.
    Have yet to try the Dunhill 965 so I have no idea how close they are.
    I will definitely have to check out the new stuff at Smokingpipes.
    Buying in bulk can be a good deal at times.

Stonewall likes this.
  14. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Pipes and Cigars has been selling the Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match for sometime. I've been smoking it lately. It tastes much like Carter Hall, only a little lighter in taste. They also have the Dunhill Elizabethan Match, and while it's not exact, it's not far off. I got a 4 oz. bag early this year, since I've finally smoked all of my DE stash. I thought the DE Match was actually a little spicer. If you check their Bulk Substitutes link, you'll see a few things SmokingCigars doesn't carry. Of course, the reverse is true, too.

Stonewall likes this.
  15. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Just checked and P&C carries the 965 Match, though they are presently out of stock. I'm going to try that sometime, especially since Coda says it's a close enough substitute. I've tried their Dunhill London and Standard Matches, and again, not exact, but not far off. I probably should try the Nightcap and Early Morning Matches, too. Hhhmmmmm... now I'm thinking about the Elizabethan Match again.

16. pacificflows

pacificflows Member

I'm about to give the Highlander a shot. Anyone out there have anything to say about it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.