1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

New/Old Peterson Rosslare

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by gunsmoke, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunsmoke

gunsmoke Member

My new eBay purchase just arrived. I have to ask is it wrong for a grown man to love a pipe?

[​IMG]

A lovely photo if i don't say so myself & a background of 2 feet of snow to boot.

2. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

....spoiled only by the tree - growing out of it!LOL - only kidding!, that's a nice looking pipe, well done!....me - I'm fickle...love a few! :eek:hyeah:

3. TRAVIS

TRAVIS Member

Is it wrong for a man to love more than one pipe or is that considered bigamy. If so lock me up now. Oh and nice pipe.

4. Jay

Jay Active Member

It is wrong to love a pipe, so send it my way and I'll just smoke it

5. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Beautiful pipe! I really like everything about it. I haven't bought a straight pipe yet, but would definitely fall for that one. Here's to many years happy smoking with it! :cheers:

"Is it wrong for a man to love a pipe"? I sure hope not. :whistle:

6. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

That stem looks foul...vulcanite should be shiny black! I suggest scrubbing the livin' snot out of it until it regains it's proper color. :)

(Yeah, it's purdy!)

7. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

I believe in love at first sight.

OBD.

8. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

No I certainly don't think its at all wrong to fall in love with a beauty - and that is one! Enjoy in good health for many years.

This from the man who keeps his rack of pipes on his bedside table so that the last thing he sees at night is them softly glowing in the lamplight and is greeted by them first thing in the morning - you could say I'm fond of mine!

Best to all

Gerry

9. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

If its wrong for a grown man to love a pipe than i dont want to be right, i am in love with a few of mine. And that sir is a gorgeous pipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

wonderful pipe! I have a Rosslare too, and it always looks lovely too :bing:

word of warning though: it can be tough to keep the insides of the stem clean, you'll start to notice what looks like black racing stripes peeking through the lucite

11. JuJu McMojo

JuJu McMojo Member

What you have there is a Royal Irish Rosslare--as noted by the double silver bands. I own one in the 69 shape (bent billiard). It's the nicest looking pipe I own, and while I enjoy smoking it, this wasn't always the case. I quickly discovered the airflow was rather restricted (not uncommon with Petes)--I cannot get an extra fluffy pipe cleaner in the airhole. This required learning how to smoke this pipe, and now I find it to be my most comfortable pipe. As Dondi points out, the airway will turn black and show through if not properly cleaned. I use 4-5 pipe cleaners after I smoke this, and use a couple of cleaners with peppermint extract (180 proof) to kept the airway spic-n-span.

May the two of you enjoy a long love affair.

12. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

NICE score! That's a great looking pipe.

13. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

That was on Ebay? Damn, how'd I miss that? Excellent score!

14. gunsmoke

gunsmoke Member

Thanks for the kind words gents. I Smoked it last night & have to say there isnt anything I don't like about it. The bit is very comfortable it smokes great, damn near down to the bottom without being broken in yet. As for cleaning the stem I rarely go more than two smokes w/out cleaning my pipe stems w/ a spirit of some kind. Usualy a shank brush dipped in Jameson's. Always clean your Peterson's with Irish whiskey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.