1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

New old pipes

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by BluesGuy, Jun 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BluesGuy

BluesGuy Member

Thought I'd show of some pipes I recently acquired. The first four I got of the bay....at a total price for all four including shipping of about 25.00......The last three well that was kind of cool. I was talking to a older guy I work with about bidding on the first four and he said so you smoke used pipes. Well of course I told him yes alot of pipe smokers like to find old pipes and make them new and smokeable again. So a few days later I come in and on my desk I find the bottom three along with a six pipe rack. Seems he tried pipe smoking years ago and never really enjoyed it like we do so he simply gave me all the old stuff he still had...how cool is that. Any way....here are the pipes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'll post the other three next

I've already reamed the bowls in all of them and I'm looking forward to trying my hand at making them look young again.

2. BluesGuy

BluesGuy Member

The three I got from the guy at work.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Whoa, is that a sweet double or what?
    The first two on the bottom look like they're something vintage.

Congrats and good luck! :dunno:

4. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Balaenius Rex!!

Those top two are beauties. I love the cavalier. What was the condition? Any reconditioning/restoration needed?

Nice score.
    WK

5. BluesGuy

BluesGuy Member

No...they are are in very good condition.....I think a simple polishing job will do the trick on both

The bottom one is a 1970 GBD...I can't read what is stamped on the other...yet It's finish is not that great and I might end up doing a refinish on it.

6. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

That Cavalier is ace! Always wanted a Dunhill like that. Sweet, sweet score!

dp

7. Ivycap

Ivycap Member

Wow... that would be so cool to be gifted with such nice pipes and to be surprised by it! You are blessed indeed.

8. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Three great pipes plus a rack! Wow! How lucky can a guy get? [​IMG] That must be a great place to work!

9. BluesGuy

BluesGuy Member

No not really but he's a really great guy to work with.

10. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

even better then... as I look back at the dozen or so jobs I've worked at, it's the people I've worked with that I have the fondest memories of...

11. Rider

Rider Member

nice pipes and a good guy :salute:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.