1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

New Pete!

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by piper965, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piper965

piper965 Member

I've had my eye on this Pete for a while. I was eying it the other day at the B&M and the guy pulled it out and gave it to me. He said it was a gift to celebrate our first child that is due in June. He figured it was a good substitute for an it's a boy or girl cigar since i'm a big pipe guy.

Here it is:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

....and where is this B&M? :)

Very cool burner and you can't beat the price.

3. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Congrats on the upcoming birth of your 1st :goodjob: Great looking Pete, take good care of it and you'll pass it down to the next generation on day :)

4. Marc

Marc Active Member

That was a very nice gift, you must be a very good customer and I hope you enjoy your new pipe! :goodjob:

5. piper965

piper965 Member

Thanks! I got my first good pipe from this store about 6 years ago. It was a BC Bulldog. Since then I've inspired them to continue to increase their pipe selection and recommended tobacco selections for them. We've even started a pipe night there. Not to mention the thousands of dollars i've spent there over the past 6 years :). They have become a really good group of friends. We grill out on friday nights, and have food contests every couple of months, where they give away a box of cigars(or pipe tobacco) to the winners. There is a lounge in the back with a few TVs and couches. I would trade that B&M for any other! If anyone is ever down in Alabama I'll take you by there to hang out!

(sorry for the rant, I just can't say enough good things about the group down there)

6. Marc

Marc Active Member

Sounds like a neat place to hang out; I have a local tobacconist also, where I hang out. As a matter of fact, he's fixing to move into a free standing house with more room and lounge area for his regulars.

7. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

8. piper965

piper965 Member

So True, I've read Gerry's post. Great story! Definitely one of the reasons i enjoy pipes! The Stories!

9. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Congratulations on the pending birth of your first and on that Pete. Looks like it'll be a wonderful smoker.

Bri2k

10. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Balaenius Rex!!

Good for you on both counts. Congratulations. Sounds like you've got a nice community growing too.

11. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

This illustrates perfectly why I always say try to build up a good relationship with a good pipe shop tobaconist - yes the pipe you want may be cheaper initially on the web, but I've always found once they get to know you a good tobacconist will "go the extra mile" maybe chucking in a free corncob, some samples or a big bundle of pipecleaners - and when you want that special pipe they'll move Heaven and Earth to get it for you.

Congratulations on the child and many happy years with the seriously nice looking Peterson,

Gerry

12. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Isn't life grand! A baby on the way, a new pipe, good friends...I envy you. Enjoy it all. After all, life's little hiccups are meaningless compared to the joys you are well, enjoying.

-Kyle

13. piper965

piper965 Member

Thanks again to everyone, I'm blessed with good health, a great family and many friends. Including everyone on the PSF forums.

14. kirbyb

kirbyb Member

and you are soon to be blessed with a big-ass box of tobacco to play with.....LUCKY

And absolutly CONGRATULATIONS on the baby on the way, it is the start of a whole new chapter. Good luck!!

15. piper965

piper965 Member

Damn Right!!! Can't wait for that to get here!

16. Unforgivin

Unforgivin Active Member

Sweet! Congrats on the pipe and the new addition to the family! :)

17. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

Great story! Sounds like your tobacco shop knows how to take care of it's customers. Are you going to smoke it now or wait till after the birth?
    Z

18. swobbie

swobbie Member

Stories like this is what makes lasting memories. Wish you well. Smoke it sssssssslllllllllooooooowwwwwwwww.

19. Traderbob

Traderbob Member

Hey Piper965 - I assume you are talking about Skip Elliott's place - The Briary. I used to frequent his store when he was back in the Mall and just started stopping by again when I am through B'ham. It's great to hear you have a good place to enjoy pipe smoking - I told Skip the last time I was in that his store is one of the best I have been in. Hope you are enjoying the box!

Bob

20. piper965

piper965 Member

Skips place is great, but I was actually talking about another place. Cigars & More up in Trussville, Alot of the guys in the shop hang out at Skips place also. Definitly the top of the line for pipes in the southeast!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.