1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

New Peterson Silver Army Pipe

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by illiteratti, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illiteratti

illiteratti Member

Got this pipe about a month and a half ago, and have been smoking it every day two to three times a day since...

I was a little worried about the Vulcan stem, but that proved to be a waste of stress, cause the stem isn't giving me the problems that I have had in the past with Vulcan stems. What I do notice is the fact that I like the feel of vulcanite on my teeth much more than the acrylic stems. It's so much more comfortable. This pipe also has the P-lip, something else that I wasn't too sure about but I don't seem to mind at all.

The important thing that I learned most from this pipe is that I now know that there really is a difference between good smoking pipes and great smoking pipes! My Savinelli and Stairwell pipes are really good smoking pipes, but this Peterson truly is for me a great smoking pipe! There is so much more than a pipe being a shape that you like, having it sit comfortably in your mouth, and it not affecting the taste of the tobacco to have it qualify as a great smoking pipe. I wish I could pin it down, but I can't seem to name that exact quality that makes a pipe truly great, other than the fact that this Pete is great smoking pipe to me.

It looks now that I'm going to be shopping for more Petersons in my next purchases, and hoping to find more pipes that I love, like this!

2. ichabod

ichabod Member

Sounds good, could you post a photo? I would like to see it, sounds like a great pipe!

3. illiteratti

illiteratti Member

Is love to post a photo, but I don't know how to. Can anyone help?

4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I use photobucket and add a link to a thread . It opens another window for the pic .

5. illiteratti

illiteratti Member

Ok here's the pic, hope I get this right!

[​IMG]

6. ichabod

ichabod Member

Wow, beautiful pipe!

How do you like the penzance? It seems to get some pretty decent reviews.

7. illiteratti

illiteratti Member

Penance is my favorite tobacco. It is very smoky with a hint of sweetness. If you like Latakia, then this is a must try. It can be hard to find, but very much worth the effort. Smooth, smoky, and delicious!

When I saw that pipe, I said the same thing, I just fell in love with it, so I had to get it. It was worth every penny!

8. Beale

Beale Active Member

That is a sweet looking pipe! Nice work, Beale.

9. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

I really hate to say it but "Nice pipe!"

Peterson Armies are very good pipes and I've nothing against bird's eye grain - in fact I'm a big fan of it. I can see why the pipe has become a favourite - enjoy in good health for many a year!

Best to all

Gerry

10. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

It's a beauty. I ordered a bent brandy shape (#68) Peterson army mount fish tail at my local baccy shop yesterday. The shop had no idea how long I would have to wait for it to arrive and the anticipation is already killing me.

I have learned that it is best to get the the highest quality pipe you can afford because a good one will last a lifetime. I've also learned that cobs are great for when you are fishing, canoeing, etc.

11. YOJiMBO20

YOJiMBO20 Member

As others have said, that's a great looking pipe.

12. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

If I understand things regarding grain properly, I actually vastly prefer birdseye to a straight grain. I think it looks really, really cool.

Anyway, awesome looking pipe, I'm glad you enjoy it and I really hope it continues to serve you well through the years. I'm about to give up drinking, and personally I'm thinking I may need to invest in a nice Peterson to celebrate/lament. Might go down to the B&M to take a look in the next couple of days and price things for payday :)

ampersand likes this.
  13. middle earth smoker

middle earth smoker Member

congrats on the new pete! i`m telling ya theres nothing better than a peterson pipe. my 302 and xl307 smoke like a dream.i smoke aromatics all day so the system pipes are great for me.i like the p-lip also.does`nt bother me a bit (pardon the pun). q-tip to clean the sump and shes ready to go again.if i had more money..i`d have more peterson pipes. money cant make you happy.but your sure as hell be sad without it!

14. nowsharing

nowsharing Member

Nice looking flame. Great find!

15. Marc

Marc Active Member

Nice pipe! Hope your future Peterson pipes smoke as well.

16. snowman

snowman Member

Congrats, I'm sure you will enjoy that pipe for many years. I am a big peterson fan and you can't go wrong with that pipe.

ric03 likes this.
  17. erickghint

erickghint Member

Great looking pipe, man. I have a few Petes, myself, and they're amazing smokers. Enjoy it, sir.

18. illiteratti

illiteratti Member

Yeah, this Peterson is really a great pipe, so I think I'm gonna have to look into more...if they are consistent smokers, well I just may become a Peterson man!
    I sure would love to pick up one of those beautiful system pipes!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.